Dec 30, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Caps ride Grubauer
The Philipp Grubauer show will continue on Monday when the Caps take on the Sens in Ottawa.
Grubauer will make his fourth straight start tonight, one night after stopping 16 of 17 shots in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Sabres. On the year, the German ‘tender is now 5-1-2 with a 2.02 GAA and .937 save percentage and has temporarily taken Washington’s No. 1 gig away from Braden Holtby — in a domino effect, Grubauer’s ascension has also forced the hand of third-stringer Michal Neuvirth, who is requesting a trade out of Washington.
In related news, Craig Anderson will get the start for Ottawa.
Flyers go with Mason
Steve Mason will make his third straight start — and look for his third straight win — when Philly takes on the Canucks tonight in Vancouver. Mason has won each of his last two outings, a 4-1 victory over Minnesota and Saturday’s 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton.
Red Wings at Predators: Jimmy Howard is in for Detroit, still no word on who Nashville will go with in goal.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)