Dec 30, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
The New York Islanders overcame that deficit in a 5-4 victory that left the Wild stunned.
“I’ve been thinking about it since the game ended,” Yeo told the Star Tribune, “and I can’t find the word to describe the feeling right now. … Believe me, it’s our job to find explanations, but holy cow, that’s a tough one to find an explanation for.
“There’s no reason, no excuse for what happened.”
Wild captain Mikko Koivu conceded that there was no explanation for what happened. The team has now dropped five straight contests. They’re two points shy of the Coyotes and the second Wild Card spot, but have participated in three more games than Phoenix.
Things won’t get any easier for the Wild either as they get ready for a game against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)