Dec 30, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
The New York Islanders overcame that deficit in a 5-4 victory that left the Wild stunned.
“I’ve been thinking about it since the game ended,” Yeo told the Star Tribune, “and I can’t find the word to describe the feeling right now. … Believe me, it’s our job to find explanations, but holy cow, that’s a tough one to find an explanation for.
“There’s no reason, no excuse for what happened.”
Wild captain Mikko Koivu conceded that there was no explanation for what happened. The team has now dropped five straight contests. They’re two points shy of the Coyotes and the second Wild Card spot, but have participated in three more games than Phoenix.
Things won’t get any easier for the Wild either as they get ready for a game against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6