Dec 30, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
The New York Islanders overcame that deficit in a 5-4 victory that left the Wild stunned.
“I’ve been thinking about it since the game ended,” Yeo told the Star Tribune, “and I can’t find the word to describe the feeling right now. … Believe me, it’s our job to find explanations, but holy cow, that’s a tough one to find an explanation for.
“There’s no reason, no excuse for what happened.”
Wild captain Mikko Koivu conceded that there was no explanation for what happened. The team has now dropped five straight contests. They’re two points shy of the Coyotes and the second Wild Card spot, but have participated in three more games than Phoenix.
Things won’t get any easier for the Wild either as they get ready for a game against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5