Dec 30, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
The New York Islanders overcame that deficit in a 5-4 victory that left the Wild stunned.
“I’ve been thinking about it since the game ended,” Yeo told the Star Tribune, “and I can’t find the word to describe the feeling right now. … Believe me, it’s our job to find explanations, but holy cow, that’s a tough one to find an explanation for.
“There’s no reason, no excuse for what happened.”
Wild captain Mikko Koivu conceded that there was no explanation for what happened. The team has now dropped five straight contests. They’re two points shy of the Coyotes and the second Wild Card spot, but have participated in three more games than Phoenix.
Things won’t get any easier for the Wild either as they get ready for a game against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)