Dec 30, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Sunday’s contest between Winnipeg and Colorado ended in stunning fashion with Jets forward Blake Wheeler netting the deciding goal in the dying seconds of overtime. That’s not the only thing that was happening though.
Let’s start with a look at that buzzer beater:
From those angles, it might be hard to get the full picture of what else was occurring. Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien appeared to be shoving at goaltender Semyon Varlamov as the puck went in. After the goal, Byfuglien pushed Varlamov and the goaltender responded by trying to whack him with his stick as he went away.
You can get a better look at that below:
Byfuglien rubs it in Varlamov's face, gets a full swing goalie stick in return. https://t.co/zRJE5qFtBr
— Darren Ford (@darrenford77) December 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the Avalanche are now 9-9-4 since their 14-2-0 start. They are winless in their last four contests going into Tuesday’s match against Columbus.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)