Dec 30, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Sunday’s contest between Winnipeg and Colorado ended in stunning fashion with Jets forward Blake Wheeler netting the deciding goal in the dying seconds of overtime. That’s not the only thing that was happening though.
Let’s start with a look at that buzzer beater:
From those angles, it might be hard to get the full picture of what else was occurring. Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien appeared to be shoving at goaltender Semyon Varlamov as the puck went in. After the goal, Byfuglien pushed Varlamov and the goaltender responded by trying to whack him with his stick as he went away.
You can get a better look at that below:
Byfuglien rubs it in Varlamov's face, gets a full swing goalie stick in return. https://t.co/zRJE5qFtBr
— Darren Ford (@darrenford77) December 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the Avalanche are now 9-9-4 since their 14-2-0 start. They are winless in their last four contests going into Tuesday’s match against Columbus.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 14
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)