Dec 30, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Sunday’s contest between Winnipeg and Colorado ended in stunning fashion with Jets forward Blake Wheeler netting the deciding goal in the dying seconds of overtime. That’s not the only thing that was happening though.
Let’s start with a look at that buzzer beater:
From those angles, it might be hard to get the full picture of what else was occurring. Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien appeared to be shoving at goaltender Semyon Varlamov as the puck went in. After the goal, Byfuglien pushed Varlamov and the goaltender responded by trying to whack him with his stick as he went away.
You can get a better look at that below:
Byfuglien rubs it in Varlamov's face, gets a full swing goalie stick in return. https://t.co/zRJE5qFtBr
— Darren Ford (@darrenford77) December 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the Avalanche are now 9-9-4 since their 14-2-0 start. They are winless in their last four contests going into Tuesday’s match against Columbus.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)