Dec 30, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Sunday’s contest between Winnipeg and Colorado ended in stunning fashion with Jets forward Blake Wheeler netting the deciding goal in the dying seconds of overtime. That’s not the only thing that was happening though.
Let’s start with a look at that buzzer beater:
From those angles, it might be hard to get the full picture of what else was occurring. Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien appeared to be shoving at goaltender Semyon Varlamov as the puck went in. After the goal, Byfuglien pushed Varlamov and the goaltender responded by trying to whack him with his stick as he went away.
You can get a better look at that below:
Byfuglien rubs it in Varlamov's face, gets a full swing goalie stick in return. https://t.co/zRJE5qFtBr
— Darren Ford (@darrenford77) December 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the Avalanche are now 9-9-4 since their 14-2-0 start. They are winless in their last four contests going into Tuesday’s match against Columbus.
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 1
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 0
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 7
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)