Dec 30, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Sunday’s contest between Winnipeg and Colorado ended in stunning fashion with Jets forward Blake Wheeler netting the deciding goal in the dying seconds of overtime. That’s not the only thing that was happening though.
Let’s start with a look at that buzzer beater:
From those angles, it might be hard to get the full picture of what else was occurring. Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien appeared to be shoving at goaltender Semyon Varlamov as the puck went in. After the goal, Byfuglien pushed Varlamov and the goaltender responded by trying to whack him with his stick as he went away.
You can get a better look at that below:
Byfuglien rubs it in Varlamov's face, gets a full swing goalie stick in return. https://t.co/zRJE5qFtBr
— Darren Ford (@darrenford77) December 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the Avalanche are now 9-9-4 since their 14-2-0 start. They are winless in their last four contests going into Tuesday’s match against Columbus.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8