Dec 29, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Calgary Flames enforcer Brian McGrattan received two five-minute majors (one for fighting, one for elbowing) and a 10-minute misconduct after delivering a high hit on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Andrew Alberts and then immediately dropping the gloves with Tom Sestito.
Here’s video of the hit (H/T to Kukla’s Korner):
There hasn’t been an update on Alberts as of this writing. He hasn’t returned to the game.
Update: John Tortorella says Alberts is day-to-day and that’s that. The Canucks ended up winning 1-0 tonight.
Despite being one of the NHL’s most fearsome fighters, McGrattan hasn’t been suspended at this level. That may change thanks to this incident.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)