Dec 29, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
Calgary Flames enforcer Brian McGrattan received two five-minute majors (one for fighting, one for elbowing) and a 10-minute misconduct after delivering a high hit on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Andrew Alberts and then immediately dropping the gloves with Tom Sestito.
Here’s video of the hit (H/T to Kukla’s Korner):
There hasn’t been an update on Alberts as of this writing. He hasn’t returned to the game.
Update: John Tortorella says Alberts is day-to-day and that’s that. The Canucks ended up winning 1-0 tonight.
Despite being one of the NHL’s most fearsome fighters, McGrattan hasn’t been suspended at this level. That may change thanks to this incident.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11