Dec 29, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov‘s first match against the Philadelphia Flyers since he was bought out didn’t end with a victory, but he was credited with keeping his Edmonton Oilers in the game long enough to earn a point.
Naturally, when it came time for the postgame interview, the reporters gathered were eager to ask him about how he felt about facing his old team.
“Thank you for the question,” Bryzgalov said before dismissing what the game meant to him by pointing out that he had previously played against former teams.
When it was pointed out that his situation with the Flyers was made unique by the fact that his nine-year contract was jettisoned after just two seasons, Bryzgalov just shrugged and said, “So?”
That reaction isn’t unique for him. While he’s known for some of his more colorful quotes, he has downplayed the importance of this issue to him in the past. Even before he was bought out, he was shrugging off the possibility.
“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said back in April. “Really, I don’t care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?”
You can view his complete postgame comments below:
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)