Dec 29, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov‘s first match against the Philadelphia Flyers since he was bought out didn’t end with a victory, but he was credited with keeping his Edmonton Oilers in the game long enough to earn a point.
Naturally, when it came time for the postgame interview, the reporters gathered were eager to ask him about how he felt about facing his old team.
“Thank you for the question,” Bryzgalov said before dismissing what the game meant to him by pointing out that he had previously played against former teams.
When it was pointed out that his situation with the Flyers was made unique by the fact that his nine-year contract was jettisoned after just two seasons, Bryzgalov just shrugged and said, “So?”
That reaction isn’t unique for him. While he’s known for some of his more colorful quotes, he has downplayed the importance of this issue to him in the past. Even before he was bought out, he was shrugging off the possibility.
“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said back in April. “Really, I don’t care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?”
You can view his complete postgame comments below:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)