Dec 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ lineup will look different coming off an impressive comeback win against the Chicago Blackhawks. Vladimir Sobotka and Derek Roy will return from their issues while David Backes (upper body) and Adam Cracknell (healthy scratch) shuffle out of the lineup against the Dallas Stars, NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports.
Sergey Andronov continues to pinball from the AHL and NHL, but it hasn’t resulted in him seeing some time at the top level, as he’ll be a scratch alongside Cracknell.
These are not the only interesting lineup notes for the Blues, as Brian Elliott gets the start after getting the win following a short night for Jaroslav Halak on Saturday. Could there be a bit of a goalie controversy brewing again in St. Louis?
The Stars may give Elliott a challenge, too, as they’re coming off a nice win against the Nashville Predators on Friday.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)