Dec 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ lineup will look different coming off an impressive comeback win against the Chicago Blackhawks. Vladimir Sobotka and Derek Roy will return from their issues while David Backes (upper body) and Adam Cracknell (healthy scratch) shuffle out of the lineup against the Dallas Stars, NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports.
Sergey Andronov continues to pinball from the AHL and NHL, but it hasn’t resulted in him seeing some time at the top level, as he’ll be a scratch alongside Cracknell.
These are not the only interesting lineup notes for the Blues, as Brian Elliott gets the start after getting the win following a short night for Jaroslav Halak on Saturday. Could there be a bit of a goalie controversy brewing again in St. Louis?
The Stars may give Elliott a challenge, too, as they’re coming off a nice win against the Nashville Predators on Friday.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 50
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)