Dec 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ lineup will look different coming off an impressive comeback win against the Chicago Blackhawks. Vladimir Sobotka and Derek Roy will return from their issues while David Backes (upper body) and Adam Cracknell (healthy scratch) shuffle out of the lineup against the Dallas Stars, NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports.
Sergey Andronov continues to pinball from the AHL and NHL, but it hasn’t resulted in him seeing some time at the top level, as he’ll be a scratch alongside Cracknell.
These are not the only interesting lineup notes for the Blues, as Brian Elliott gets the start after getting the win following a short night for Jaroslav Halak on Saturday. Could there be a bit of a goalie controversy brewing again in St. Louis?
The Stars may give Elliott a challenge, too, as they’re coming off a nice win against the Nashville Predators on Friday.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42