Dec 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ lineup will look different coming off an impressive comeback win against the Chicago Blackhawks. Vladimir Sobotka and Derek Roy will return from their issues while David Backes (upper body) and Adam Cracknell (healthy scratch) shuffle out of the lineup against the Dallas Stars, NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports.
Sergey Andronov continues to pinball from the AHL and NHL, but it hasn’t resulted in him seeing some time at the top level, as he’ll be a scratch alongside Cracknell.
These are not the only interesting lineup notes for the Blues, as Brian Elliott gets the start after getting the win following a short night for Jaroslav Halak on Saturday. Could there be a bit of a goalie controversy brewing again in St. Louis?
The Stars may give Elliott a challenge, too, as they’re coming off a nice win against the Nashville Predators on Friday.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)