Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Scuderi hasn’t played since Oct. 26 due to an ankle injury. He’s great defensively and has won the Stanley Cup twice, including his championship with Pittsburgh in 2009. The Penguins are hoping he’ll prove to have been the missing link for them after some disappointing showings in the postseason during his tenure with the Los Angeles Kings.
At the same time, Evgeni Malkin (lower body) will miss his seventh straight contest. He has started to practice, but he hasn’t taken any contact yet.
“I’m not rushing it,” Malkin said. “We’ll see after (Sunday’s) game.”
Pittsburgh’s match tonight will be in Columbus. The Penguins are 11-8-1 on the road this season, compared to 17-3-0 at the Consol Energy Center.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18