Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Scuderi hasn’t played since Oct. 26 due to an ankle injury. He’s great defensively and has won the Stanley Cup twice, including his championship with Pittsburgh in 2009. The Penguins are hoping he’ll prove to have been the missing link for them after some disappointing showings in the postseason during his tenure with the Los Angeles Kings.
At the same time, Evgeni Malkin (lower body) will miss his seventh straight contest. He has started to practice, but he hasn’t taken any contact yet.
“I’m not rushing it,” Malkin said. “We’ll see after (Sunday’s) game.”
Pittsburgh’s match tonight will be in Columbus. The Penguins are 11-8-1 on the road this season, compared to 17-3-0 at the Consol Energy Center.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)