Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Scuderi hasn’t played since Oct. 26 due to an ankle injury. He’s great defensively and has won the Stanley Cup twice, including his championship with Pittsburgh in 2009. The Penguins are hoping he’ll prove to have been the missing link for them after some disappointing showings in the postseason during his tenure with the Los Angeles Kings.
At the same time, Evgeni Malkin (lower body) will miss his seventh straight contest. He has started to practice, but he hasn’t taken any contact yet.
“I’m not rushing it,” Malkin said. “We’ll see after (Sunday’s) game.”
Pittsburgh’s match tonight will be in Columbus. The Penguins are 11-8-1 on the road this season, compared to 17-3-0 at the Consol Energy Center.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)