Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Scuderi hasn’t played since Oct. 26 due to an ankle injury. He’s great defensively and has won the Stanley Cup twice, including his championship with Pittsburgh in 2009. The Penguins are hoping he’ll prove to have been the missing link for them after some disappointing showings in the postseason during his tenure with the Los Angeles Kings.
At the same time, Evgeni Malkin (lower body) will miss his seventh straight contest. He has started to practice, but he hasn’t taken any contact yet.
“I’m not rushing it,” Malkin said. “We’ll see after (Sunday’s) game.”
Pittsburgh’s match tonight will be in Columbus. The Penguins are 11-8-1 on the road this season, compared to 17-3-0 at the Consol Energy Center.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)