Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Scuderi hasn’t played since Oct. 26 due to an ankle injury. He’s great defensively and has won the Stanley Cup twice, including his championship with Pittsburgh in 2009. The Penguins are hoping he’ll prove to have been the missing link for them after some disappointing showings in the postseason during his tenure with the Los Angeles Kings.
At the same time, Evgeni Malkin (lower body) will miss his seventh straight contest. He has started to practice, but he hasn’t taken any contact yet.
“I’m not rushing it,” Malkin said. “We’ll see after (Sunday’s) game.”
Pittsburgh’s match tonight will be in Columbus. The Penguins are 11-8-1 on the road this season, compared to 17-3-0 at the Consol Energy Center.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)