Dec 29, 2013, 12:31 AM EST
St. Louis Blues captain David Backes is injured once again, which explains why the team recalled Sergey Andronov from the AHL’s Chicago Wolves … again, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports. The team will re-evaluate him on Sunday, according to Rutherford.
Rutherford captures Andronov’s strange two days well:
Quite an eventful 48 hours for Andronov, who scored hat-trick for Wolves, was called up to Blues, reassigned to Wolves & called up to Blues.
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) December 29, 2013
Just a week ago, Backes, 29, returned ahead of schedule after dealing with concussion symptoms. It’s unclear if this is the same issue.
Andronov, 24, has 13 points in 28 AHL games this season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4