Dec 29, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues captain David Backes is injured once again, which explains why the team recalled Sergey Andronov from the AHL’s Chicago Wolves … again, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports. The team will re-evaluate him on Sunday, according to Rutherford.
Rutherford captures Andronov’s strange two days well:
Quite an eventful 48 hours for Andronov, who scored hat-trick for Wolves, was called up to Blues, reassigned to Wolves & called up to Blues.
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) December 29, 2013
Just a week ago, Backes, 29, returned ahead of schedule after dealing with concussion symptoms. It’s unclear if this is the same issue.
Andronov, 24, has 13 points in 28 AHL games this season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)