Dec 29, 2013, 12:31 AM EST
St. Louis Blues captain David Backes is injured once again, which explains why the team recalled Sergey Andronov from the AHL’s Chicago Wolves … again, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports. The team will re-evaluate him on Sunday, according to Rutherford.
Rutherford captures Andronov’s strange two days well:
Quite an eventful 48 hours for Andronov, who scored hat-trick for Wolves, was called up to Blues, reassigned to Wolves & called up to Blues.
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) December 29, 2013
Just a week ago, Backes, 29, returned ahead of schedule after dealing with concussion symptoms. It’s unclear if this is the same issue.
Andronov, 24, has 13 points in 28 AHL games this season.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32