Dec 29, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues captain David Backes is injured once again, which explains why the team recalled Sergey Andronov from the AHL’s Chicago Wolves … again, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports. The team will re-evaluate him on Sunday, according to Rutherford.
Rutherford captures Andronov’s strange two days well:
Quite an eventful 48 hours for Andronov, who scored hat-trick for Wolves, was called up to Blues, reassigned to Wolves & called up to Blues.
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) December 29, 2013
Just a week ago, Backes, 29, returned ahead of schedule after dealing with concussion symptoms. It’s unclear if this is the same issue.
Andronov, 24, has 13 points in 28 AHL games this season.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (156)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (57)