Dec 29, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
St. Louis Blues captain David Backes is injured once again, which explains why the team recalled Sergey Andronov from the AHL’s Chicago Wolves … again, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports. The team will re-evaluate him on Sunday, according to Rutherford.
Rutherford captures Andronov’s strange two days well:
Quite an eventful 48 hours for Andronov, who scored hat-trick for Wolves, was called up to Blues, reassigned to Wolves & called up to Blues.
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) December 29, 2013
Just a week ago, Backes, 29, returned ahead of schedule after dealing with concussion symptoms. It’s unclear if this is the same issue.
Andronov, 24, has 13 points in 28 AHL games this season.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)