Dec 29, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues continue to find ways to win against Central Division opponents this season, as they held off a Dallas Stars surge to win 3-2 in OT on Sunday.
The team points out that the Blues are now 12-0-1 against Central Division teams in 2013-14 on the heels of close victories against the Chicago Blackhawks last night and Dallas tonight.
As far as this weekend goes, they can thank Kevin Shattenkirk for making the difference. He scored the shootout-winner on Saturday and the overtime-clincher on Sunday, as you can see in the video below:
The Blues fought back from two-goal deficits yesterday, yet they coughed one up tonight. They still came up victorious, however, so that remains a mere footnote.
Meanwhile, Brian Elliott continues to push Jaroslav Halak for reps. Elliott is now on a three-game winning streak in which he has allowed four goals and hasn’t lost in regulation since Nov. 29. That’s actually his only regulation loss, too, as he’s an impressive 9-1-2 on the season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)