Dec 29, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues continue to find ways to win against Central Division opponents this season, as they held off a Dallas Stars surge to win 3-2 in OT on Sunday.
The team points out that the Blues are now 12-0-1 against Central Division teams in 2013-14 on the heels of close victories against the Chicago Blackhawks last night and Dallas tonight.
As far as this weekend goes, they can thank Kevin Shattenkirk for making the difference. He scored the shootout-winner on Saturday and the overtime-clincher on Sunday, as you can see in the video below:
The Blues fought back from two-goal deficits yesterday, yet they coughed one up tonight. They still came up victorious, however, so that remains a mere footnote.
Meanwhile, Brian Elliott continues to push Jaroslav Halak for reps. Elliott is now on a three-game winning streak in which he has allowed four goals and hasn’t lost in regulation since Nov. 29. That’s actually his only regulation loss, too, as he’s an impressive 9-1-2 on the season.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)