Dec 29, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues continue to find ways to win against Central Division opponents this season, as they held off a Dallas Stars surge to win 3-2 in OT on Sunday.
The team points out that the Blues are now 12-0-1 against Central Division teams in 2013-14 on the heels of close victories against the Chicago Blackhawks last night and Dallas tonight.
As far as this weekend goes, they can thank Kevin Shattenkirk for making the difference. He scored the shootout-winner on Saturday and the overtime-clincher on Sunday, as you can see in the video below:
The Blues fought back from two-goal deficits yesterday, yet they coughed one up tonight. They still came up victorious, however, so that remains a mere footnote.
Meanwhile, Brian Elliott continues to push Jaroslav Halak for reps. Elliott is now on a three-game winning streak in which he has allowed four goals and hasn’t lost in regulation since Nov. 29. That’s actually his only regulation loss, too, as he’s an impressive 9-1-2 on the season.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)