Dec 29, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau went down with a knee injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. He went down awkwardly after a collision with defenseman Jacob Trouba.
On the bright side for Colorado, Paul Stastny seemed to bounce back from what seemed like an injury, at least at the moment.
Parenteau, 30, has been a nice addition for Colorado since the Avalanche picked him up as a free agent in the summer of 2012. He had 43 points in 48 games riding shotgun with Matt Duchene last season and has been solid (though not as impressive) in 2013-14, generating 24 points in 37 games.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)