Dec 29, 2013, 10:24 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau went down with a knee injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. He went down awkwardly after a collision with defenseman Jacob Trouba.
On the bright side for Colorado, Paul Stastny seemed to bounce back from what seemed like an injury, at least at the moment.
Parenteau, 30, has been a nice addition for Colorado since the Avalanche picked him up as a free agent in the summer of 2012. He had 43 points in 48 games riding shotgun with Matt Duchene last season and has been solid (though not as impressive) in 2013-14, generating 24 points in 37 games.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)