Dec 29, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau went down with a knee injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. He went down awkwardly after a collision with defenseman Jacob Trouba.
On the bright side for Colorado, Paul Stastny seemed to bounce back from what seemed like an injury, at least at the moment.
Parenteau, 30, has been a nice addition for Colorado since the Avalanche picked him up as a free agent in the summer of 2012. He had 43 points in 48 games riding shotgun with Matt Duchene last season and has been solid (though not as impressive) in 2013-14, generating 24 points in 37 games.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 21
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 39
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (39)