Dec 29, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau went down with a knee injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. He went down awkwardly after a collision with defenseman Jacob Trouba.
On the bright side for Colorado, Paul Stastny seemed to bounce back from what seemed like an injury, at least at the moment.
Parenteau, 30, has been a nice addition for Colorado since the Avalanche picked him up as a free agent in the summer of 2012. He had 43 points in 48 games riding shotgun with Matt Duchene last season and has been solid (though not as impressive) in 2013-14, generating 24 points in 37 games.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)