Dec 29, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau went down with a knee injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. He went down awkwardly after a collision with defenseman Jacob Trouba.
On the bright side for Colorado, Paul Stastny seemed to bounce back from what seemed like an injury, at least at the moment.
Parenteau, 30, has been a nice addition for Colorado since the Avalanche picked him up as a free agent in the summer of 2012. He had 43 points in 48 games riding shotgun with Matt Duchene last season and has been solid (though not as impressive) in 2013-14, generating 24 points in 37 games.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 13
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)