Dec 28, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have a sort of M.A.S.H. unit going on as they hit the road to face the Ottawa Senators tonight.
While defenseman Dennis Seidenberg left last night’s game with a lower-body injury, forward Carl Soderberg is also banged up and did not make the trip to Ottawa. The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky and forward Nick Johnson on an emergency basis to fill their spots.
As CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares, Claude Julien didn’t specify what the injury was to Soderberg but it’s believed to be a concussion after he was hit into the glass partition between the benches last night.
Johnson and Warsofsky have had turns already this season in Boston. Johnson played in seven games and did not register a point. Warsofsky played in three games after taking Kevan Miller‘s spot to save him from having to hit waivers.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 47
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (48)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)