Dec 28, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have a sort of M.A.S.H. unit going on as they hit the road to face the Ottawa Senators tonight.
While defenseman Dennis Seidenberg left last night’s game with a lower-body injury, forward Carl Soderberg is also banged up and did not make the trip to Ottawa. The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky and forward Nick Johnson on an emergency basis to fill their spots.
As CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares, Claude Julien didn’t specify what the injury was to Soderberg but it’s believed to be a concussion after he was hit into the glass partition between the benches last night.
Johnson and Warsofsky have had turns already this season in Boston. Johnson played in seven games and did not register a point. Warsofsky played in three games after taking Kevan Miller‘s spot to save him from having to hit waivers.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)