Dec 28, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have a sort of M.A.S.H. unit going on as they hit the road to face the Ottawa Senators tonight.
While defenseman Dennis Seidenberg left last night’s game with a lower-body injury, forward Carl Soderberg is also banged up and did not make the trip to Ottawa. The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky and forward Nick Johnson on an emergency basis to fill their spots.
As CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares, Claude Julien didn’t specify what the injury was to Soderberg but it’s believed to be a concussion after he was hit into the glass partition between the benches last night.
Johnson and Warsofsky have had turns already this season in Boston. Johnson played in seven games and did not register a point. Warsofsky played in three games after taking Kevan Miller‘s spot to save him from having to hit waivers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)