Dec 28, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have a sort of M.A.S.H. unit going on as they hit the road to face the Ottawa Senators tonight.
While defenseman Dennis Seidenberg left last night’s game with a lower-body injury, forward Carl Soderberg is also banged up and did not make the trip to Ottawa. The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky and forward Nick Johnson on an emergency basis to fill their spots.
As CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares, Claude Julien didn’t specify what the injury was to Soderberg but it’s believed to be a concussion after he was hit into the glass partition between the benches last night.
Johnson and Warsofsky have had turns already this season in Boston. Johnson played in seven games and did not register a point. Warsofsky played in three games after taking Kevan Miller‘s spot to save him from having to hit waivers.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63