Dec 28, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have a sort of M.A.S.H. unit going on as they hit the road to face the Ottawa Senators tonight.
While defenseman Dennis Seidenberg left last night’s game with a lower-body injury, forward Carl Soderberg is also banged up and did not make the trip to Ottawa. The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky and forward Nick Johnson on an emergency basis to fill their spots.
As CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares, Claude Julien didn’t specify what the injury was to Soderberg but it’s believed to be a concussion after he was hit into the glass partition between the benches last night.
Johnson and Warsofsky have had turns already this season in Boston. Johnson played in seven games and did not register a point. Warsofsky played in three games after taking Kevan Miller‘s spot to save him from having to hit waivers.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6