Dec 28, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins welcomed Daniel Paille (concussion) back to their lineup on Friday for Boston’s 5-0 victory over Ottawa. On top of that, blueliner Adam McQuaid (lower body) returned on Monday, but their luck when it comes to injuries hasn’t reversed entirely.
Seidenberg has been ruled out for Saturday’s game in Ottawa, but his availability beyond that has yet to be determined.
“He’s being evaluated right now,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said.
Boston will certainly miss his presence if he’s gone for any extended period of time. He’s been averaging 21:50 minutes per game and is the team leader in blocked shots.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)