Dec 28, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
There was some concern for Downie, 26, as he suffered a frightening concussion that sidelined him for four contests during his first game back with the Flyers on Nov. 1.
Despite those two injuries and being traded from the Colorado Avalanche, the agitating forward has been pretty successful in a contract year. Along with pushing opponents’ buttons as usual (67 PIM in 31 games), Downie continues to show that he’s one of the rare tough guys with a knack for scoring, as he has 19 points.
The Flyers have won three of their last four games, so perhaps they can keep building momentum as they get a useful player back in the lineup. Downie only missed two contests thanks in part to the holiday break.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)