Dec 28, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
There was some concern for Downie, 26, as he suffered a frightening concussion that sidelined him for four contests during his first game back with the Flyers on Nov. 1.
Despite those two injuries and being traded from the Colorado Avalanche, the agitating forward has been pretty successful in a contract year. Along with pushing opponents’ buttons as usual (67 PIM in 31 games), Downie continues to show that he’s one of the rare tough guys with a knack for scoring, as he has 19 points.
The Flyers have won three of their last four games, so perhaps they can keep building momentum as they get a useful player back in the lineup. Downie only missed two contests thanks in part to the holiday break.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)