Dec 28, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
There was some concern for Downie, 26, as he suffered a frightening concussion that sidelined him for four contests during his first game back with the Flyers on Nov. 1.
Despite those two injuries and being traded from the Colorado Avalanche, the agitating forward has been pretty successful in a contract year. Along with pushing opponents’ buttons as usual (67 PIM in 31 games), Downie continues to show that he’s one of the rare tough guys with a knack for scoring, as he has 19 points.
The Flyers have won three of their last four games, so perhaps they can keep building momentum as they get a useful player back in the lineup. Downie only missed two contests thanks in part to the holiday break.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)