Dec 28, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues will have to make do without their top goal scorer.
Alexander Steen was placed on injured reserve and will be out indefinitely with a concussion as Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Steen’s 24 goals this season put him second in the NHL behind only Alex Ovechkin.
Steen was was listed as day-to-day on Sunday and hasn’t played since last Saturday against Edmonton. He was already slated to miss tonight’s game against Chicago but now he’ll be out further.
With Steen out, the goal scoring will fall to captain David Backes as well as Chris Stewart, Jaden Schwartz, and Vladimir Tarasenko to pick up the slack. Through 35 games, Steen matched his career-high in goals. Replacing that kind of output will not be easy.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)