Dec 28, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
The last thing the New York Rangers needed was an injury on the blue line, but that’s just what they’ve got.
“They don’t think it’s anything serious at this time, but we’ll know more (Saturday),” Vigneault said.
The Rangers didn’t disclose what Stralman’s injury was. To take his place, they called up rookie Conor Allen from AHL Hartford.
Stralman has become one of the team’s top-four defensemen alongside regulars Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, and Marc Staal. He has no goals and four assists this season. Given the Rangers’ struggles this season, losing a player that averages nearly 20 minutes of ice time per game won’t help.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)