Dec 28, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The last thing the New York Rangers needed was an injury on the blue line, but that’s just what they’ve got.
“They don’t think it’s anything serious at this time, but we’ll know more (Saturday),” Vigneault said.
The Rangers didn’t disclose what Stralman’s injury was. To take his place, they called up rookie Conor Allen from AHL Hartford.
Stralman has become one of the team’s top-four defensemen alongside regulars Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, and Marc Staal. He has no goals and four assists this season. Given the Rangers’ struggles this season, losing a player that averages nearly 20 minutes of ice time per game won’t help.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9