Dec 28, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The last thing the New York Rangers needed was an injury on the blue line, but that’s just what they’ve got.
“They don’t think it’s anything serious at this time, but we’ll know more (Saturday),” Vigneault said.
The Rangers didn’t disclose what Stralman’s injury was. To take his place, they called up rookie Conor Allen from AHL Hartford.
Stralman has become one of the team’s top-four defensemen alongside regulars Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, and Marc Staal. He has no goals and four assists this season. Given the Rangers’ struggles this season, losing a player that averages nearly 20 minutes of ice time per game won’t help.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 56
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (56)