Dec 28, 2013, 11:31 AM EST
When Jaromir Jagr talks, people listen. When he gets talking about scoring goals, it’s even easier to pay attention to him given his 694 career goals.
Following the Devils’ 2-1 shootout loss to the Blue Jackets on Friday, he had a theory about why the Devils have had their struggles this season.
Slight exaggeration there, but they have had issues scoring goals.
The Devils have been shut out five times this season, but not since November 15. Seven times they’ve scored only one goal. 12 out of 39 games scoring one or none at all won’t get it done.
As for the shootout loss, their sixth of the season, Martin Brodeur‘s strategy to get over that was equally simple.
It seems like those older guys on the team might be pretty smart about hockey.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)