Dec 28, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Zetterberg himself yielded immediate dividends, as he scored his 12th goal of the season. Abdelkader didn’t collect a point tonight, but the Red Wings are likely happy to have that physical force back in the lineup (three hits).
Maybe tonight’s victory doesn’t sound very impressive out of context – Florida has now lost three games in a row – but the Panthers beat Detroit twice in a row, so there must be a feeling of relief for the Red Wings.
It’s another relief that the Red Wings have been curiously stronger on the road (now 12-3-3 away from Hockeytown) compared to how mediocre they have been in Detroit (6-10-6), because they’re readying for a tough run of games. They face the Predators in Nashville on Monday, “host” Toronto outdoors on Wednesday and then play five straight games on the road against tough Pacific Division competition.
At least they’re getting healthier as that tough stretch (and the 2014 Winter Classic) approaches.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24