Dec 28, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday presents a mixture of good and bad injury news for the New Jersey Devils, who are moments away from facing the New York Islanders.
Hard-hitting defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play because of “total body soreness,” but he’ll be replaced by Bryce Salvador, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. Salvador missed the past 30 games with a fractured foot.
“I felt good when I woke up,” Clowe said. “I was obviously a little tired and the body was a little sore after some bumping, but overall the head felt good.”
With their team captain and high-priced free agent acquisition finally back in action, perhaps the Devils could begin building a little momentum. It’s probably not fair to say they’re totally at full strength, however.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)