Dec 28, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
Saturday presents a mixture of good and bad injury news for the New Jersey Devils, who are moments away from facing the New York Islanders.
Hard-hitting defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play because of “total body soreness,” but he’ll be replaced by Bryce Salvador, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. Salvador missed the past 30 games with a fractured foot.
“I felt good when I woke up,” Clowe said. “I was obviously a little tired and the body was a little sore after some bumping, but overall the head felt good.”
With their team captain and high-priced free agent acquisition finally back in action, perhaps the Devils could begin building a little momentum. It’s probably not fair to say they’re totally at full strength, however.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)