Dec 28, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday presents a mixture of good and bad injury news for the New Jersey Devils, who are moments away from facing the New York Islanders.
Hard-hitting defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play because of “total body soreness,” but he’ll be replaced by Bryce Salvador, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. Salvador missed the past 30 games with a fractured foot.
“I felt good when I woke up,” Clowe said. “I was obviously a little tired and the body was a little sore after some bumping, but overall the head felt good.”
With their team captain and high-priced free agent acquisition finally back in action, perhaps the Devils could begin building a little momentum. It’s probably not fair to say they’re totally at full strength, however.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)