Dec 28, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday presents a mixture of good and bad injury news for the New Jersey Devils, who are moments away from facing the New York Islanders.
Hard-hitting defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play because of “total body soreness,” but he’ll be replaced by Bryce Salvador, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. Salvador missed the past 30 games with a fractured foot.
“I felt good when I woke up,” Clowe said. “I was obviously a little tired and the body was a little sore after some bumping, but overall the head felt good.”
With their team captain and high-priced free agent acquisition finally back in action, perhaps the Devils could begin building a little momentum. It’s probably not fair to say they’re totally at full strength, however.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)