Dec 28, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday presents a mixture of good and bad injury news for the New Jersey Devils, who are moments away from facing the New York Islanders.
Hard-hitting defenseman Anton Volchenkov won’t play because of “total body soreness,” but he’ll be replaced by Bryce Salvador, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. Salvador missed the past 30 games with a fractured foot.
“I felt good when I woke up,” Clowe said. “I was obviously a little tired and the body was a little sore after some bumping, but overall the head felt good.”
With their team captain and high-priced free agent acquisition finally back in action, perhaps the Devils could begin building a little momentum. It’s probably not fair to say they’re totally at full strength, however.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)