Dec 28, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
The Devils will get their captain back when they face the New York Islanders tonight.
“It’s been a while, so I’m excited to get back at it and just be back playing,” Salvador said.
Salvador suffered the injury on October 22 against Columbus when he was struck by a Jack Johnson slap shot. In his absence, a host of young players have jumped into the lineup including rookies Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill. Forward Tim Sestito was sent back to AHL Albany to make room for him.
The Devils are hoping his return can help tighten up the team’s defense which has been a bit leaky over the past month.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)