Dec 28, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
The Devils will get their captain back when they face the New York Islanders tonight.
“It’s been a while, so I’m excited to get back at it and just be back playing,” Salvador said.
Salvador suffered the injury on October 22 against Columbus when he was struck by a Jack Johnson slap shot. In his absence, a host of young players have jumped into the lineup including rookies Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill. Forward Tim Sestito was sent back to AHL Albany to make room for him.
The Devils are hoping his return can help tighten up the team’s defense which has been a bit leaky over the past month.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 0
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 39
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)