Dec 28, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
The Devils will get their captain back when they face the New York Islanders tonight.
“It’s been a while, so I’m excited to get back at it and just be back playing,” Salvador said.
Salvador suffered the injury on October 22 against Columbus when he was struck by a Jack Johnson slap shot. In his absence, a host of young players have jumped into the lineup including rookies Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill. Forward Tim Sestito was sent back to AHL Albany to make room for him.
The Devils are hoping his return can help tighten up the team’s defense which has been a bit leaky over the past month.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)