Dec 28, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
The Devils will get their captain back when they face the New York Islanders tonight.
“It’s been a while, so I’m excited to get back at it and just be back playing,” Salvador said.
Salvador suffered the injury on October 22 against Columbus when he was struck by a Jack Johnson slap shot. In his absence, a host of young players have jumped into the lineup including rookies Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill. Forward Tim Sestito was sent back to AHL Albany to make room for him.
The Devils are hoping his return can help tighten up the team’s defense which has been a bit leaky over the past month.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)