Dec 28, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
The Devils will get their captain back when they face the New York Islanders tonight.
“It’s been a while, so I’m excited to get back at it and just be back playing,” Salvador said.
Salvador suffered the injury on October 22 against Columbus when he was struck by a Jack Johnson slap shot. In his absence, a host of young players have jumped into the lineup including rookies Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill. Forward Tim Sestito was sent back to AHL Albany to make room for him.
The Devils are hoping his return can help tighten up the team’s defense which has been a bit leaky over the past month.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)