Dec 28, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Crawford, 28, has been sidelined since Dec. 8 with a lower-body injury.
Generally speaking, he has reacted solidly to his big, new contract. That’s especially true of his record (17-6-3), as his individual stats (.907 save percentage, 2.47 GAA) aren’t quite staggering.
Crawford’s loss has been Antti Raanta‘s gain, as Chicago hasn’t really missed a beat with an unproven Finn in net.* The 24-year-old is 9-1-2 with a .915 save percentage and hopes to win his 10th game as Chicago faces the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
Even though Raanta is impressing, it obviously doesn’t hurt to get Crawford back. If anything, this might push out Nikolai Khabibulin, who is recovering from injury issues of his own right now.
* – You may remember another relatively unknown Finn named Antti (Niemi) doing pretty well for Chicago in the past, after all.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 69
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (70)