Dec 28, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Crawford, 28, has been sidelined since Dec. 8 with a lower-body injury.
Generally speaking, he has reacted solidly to his big, new contract. That’s especially true of his record (17-6-3), as his individual stats (.907 save percentage, 2.47 GAA) aren’t quite staggering.
Crawford’s loss has been Antti Raanta‘s gain, as Chicago hasn’t really missed a beat with an unproven Finn in net.* The 24-year-old is 9-1-2 with a .915 save percentage and hopes to win his 10th game as Chicago faces the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
Even though Raanta is impressing, it obviously doesn’t hurt to get Crawford back. If anything, this might push out Nikolai Khabibulin, who is recovering from injury issues of his own right now.
* – You may remember another relatively unknown Finn named Antti (Niemi) doing pretty well for Chicago in the past, after all.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)