Dec 28, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Crawford, 28, has been sidelined since Dec. 8 with a lower-body injury.
Generally speaking, he has reacted solidly to his big, new contract. That’s especially true of his record (17-6-3), as his individual stats (.907 save percentage, 2.47 GAA) aren’t quite staggering.
Crawford’s loss has been Antti Raanta‘s gain, as Chicago hasn’t really missed a beat with an unproven Finn in net.* The 24-year-old is 9-1-2 with a .915 save percentage and hopes to win his 10th game as Chicago faces the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
Even though Raanta is impressing, it obviously doesn’t hurt to get Crawford back. If anything, this might push out Nikolai Khabibulin, who is recovering from injury issues of his own right now.
* – You may remember another relatively unknown Finn named Antti (Niemi) doing pretty well for Chicago in the past, after all.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)