Dec 28, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Crawford, 28, has been sidelined since Dec. 8 with a lower-body injury.
Generally speaking, he has reacted solidly to his big, new contract. That’s especially true of his record (17-6-3), as his individual stats (.907 save percentage, 2.47 GAA) aren’t quite staggering.
Crawford’s loss has been Antti Raanta‘s gain, as Chicago hasn’t really missed a beat with an unproven Finn in net.* The 24-year-old is 9-1-2 with a .915 save percentage and hopes to win his 10th game as Chicago faces the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
Even though Raanta is impressing, it obviously doesn’t hurt to get Crawford back. If anything, this might push out Nikolai Khabibulin, who is recovering from injury issues of his own right now.
* – You may remember another relatively unknown Finn named Antti (Niemi) doing pretty well for Chicago in the past, after all.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)