Dec 28, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings are hoping to avoid three consecutive losses against the Florida Panthers on Saturday, but at least one of their players lost something already tonight. Specifically, Daniel Cleary lost a tooth.
It doesn’t sound like the 35-year-old will miss much time because of that lost tooth, however, as he continued to play in the game. Here’s a GIF of the tooth-yanking scene, via Fox Sports Detroit by way of The Score.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5