Dec 27, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
As expected, Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg is “good and ready to play tomorrow” in Florida, according to Chuck Pleiness of the Red Wings Front.
Zetterberg has missed 11 games with a herniated disc, during which his team has struggled to a 3-6-2 record.
The operative word there is could.
“I’m not 100 percent sure on anything,” Babcock said.
One of the many injured Wings who doesn’t seem too close to returning is forward Johan Franzen, currently out with a concussion.
“It’s not quite there yet,” Franzen said. “I still get dizzy and headaches. It’s motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keep away I can’t do that. If there’s too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.”
Forward Riley Sheahan has been sent down to AHL Grand Rapids with the expected return of Zetterberg.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8