Dec 27, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
As expected, Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg is “good and ready to play tomorrow” in Florida, according to Chuck Pleiness of the Red Wings Front.
Zetterberg has missed 11 games with a herniated disc, during which his team has struggled to a 3-6-2 record.
The operative word there is could.
“I’m not 100 percent sure on anything,” Babcock said.
One of the many injured Wings who doesn’t seem too close to returning is forward Johan Franzen, currently out with a concussion.
“It’s not quite there yet,” Franzen said. “I still get dizzy and headaches. It’s motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keep away I can’t do that. If there’s too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.”
Forward Riley Sheahan has been sent down to AHL Grand Rapids with the expected return of Zetterberg.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39