Dec 27, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
As expected, Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg is “good and ready to play tomorrow” in Florida, according to Chuck Pleiness of the Red Wings Front.
Zetterberg has missed 11 games with a herniated disc, during which his team has struggled to a 3-6-2 record.
The operative word there is could.
“I’m not 100 percent sure on anything,” Babcock said.
One of the many injured Wings who doesn’t seem too close to returning is forward Johan Franzen, currently out with a concussion.
“It’s not quite there yet,” Franzen said. “I still get dizzy and headaches. It’s motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keep away I can’t do that. If there’s too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.”
Forward Riley Sheahan has been sent down to AHL Grand Rapids with the expected return of Zetterberg.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17