Dec 27, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
As expected, Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg is “good and ready to play tomorrow” in Florida, according to Chuck Pleiness of the Red Wings Front.
Zetterberg has missed 11 games with a herniated disc, during which his team has struggled to a 3-6-2 record.
The operative word there is could.
“I’m not 100 percent sure on anything,” Babcock said.
One of the many injured Wings who doesn’t seem too close to returning is forward Johan Franzen, currently out with a concussion.
“It’s not quite there yet,” Franzen said. “I still get dizzy and headaches. It’s motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keep away I can’t do that. If there’s too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.”
Forward Riley Sheahan has been sent down to AHL Grand Rapids with the expected return of Zetterberg.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)