Dec 27, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
As expected, Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg is “good and ready to play tomorrow” in Florida, according to Chuck Pleiness of the Red Wings Front.
Zetterberg has missed 11 games with a herniated disc, during which his team has struggled to a 3-6-2 record.
The operative word there is could.
“I’m not 100 percent sure on anything,” Babcock said.
One of the many injured Wings who doesn’t seem too close to returning is forward Johan Franzen, currently out with a concussion.
“It’s not quite there yet,” Franzen said. “I still get dizzy and headaches. It’s motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keep away I can’t do that. If there’s too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.”
Forward Riley Sheahan has been sent down to AHL Grand Rapids with the expected return of Zetterberg.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7