Dec 27, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild need to find a way to airlift the Xcel Energy Center with them when they leave Minnesota, because lately it seems like nothing short of that will end their road woes.
The Wild ended their four-game road trip with a 6-4 loss against the Winnipeg Jets. It was the closest they came to a victory during their latest excursion.
Of course, they didn’t have goaltender Josh Harding for their stint away from home. He has been the Wild’s best player so far this season, but he had to take some time off while he changed his treatment protocol for Multiple Sclerosis. He’s off the injured reserve list now, so he should be available in the near future.
That being said, the Wild’s struggles can’t be summed up by the absence of Harding. They are 6-12-3 on the road this season, compared to 14-3-2 in Minnesota.
The good news is that they’re heading back home, so they don’t have to worry about breaking out of that slump in the short-term, but their failures have put more pressure on them to continue their torrid pace at home.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)