Dec 27, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
He missed Minnesota’s last three games while he changed his treatment protocol for Multiple Sclerosis. It originally looked like he also wouldn’t dress for tonight’s contest against Winnipeg, but this move suggests that there might be a last minute change.
As it is, the Wild currently have three goalies on their roster, including Johan Gustafsson, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Even if he still ends up sitting out of tonight’s game, the Wild have at very least indicated that he will return in the very near future. That will allow him to continue his unexpected push to become this season’s Vezina Trophy winner. Certainly, there’s a lot of time left, but he’s made a strong impression by posting a 1.51 GAA and .939 save percentage in 27 games.
The Wild simultaneously put defenseman Clayton Stoner on the injured reserve list with a lower-body problem. He won’t be eligible to return in time for Sunday’s contest against the New York Islanders.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)