Dec 27, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
He missed Minnesota’s last three games while he changed his treatment protocol for Multiple Sclerosis. It originally looked like he also wouldn’t dress for tonight’s contest against Winnipeg, but this move suggests that there might be a last minute change.
As it is, the Wild currently have three goalies on their roster, including Johan Gustafsson, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Even if he still ends up sitting out of tonight’s game, the Wild have at very least indicated that he will return in the very near future. That will allow him to continue his unexpected push to become this season’s Vezina Trophy winner. Certainly, there’s a lot of time left, but he’s made a strong impression by posting a 1.51 GAA and .939 save percentage in 27 games.
The Wild simultaneously put defenseman Clayton Stoner on the injured reserve list with a lower-body problem. He won’t be eligible to return in time for Sunday’s contest against the New York Islanders.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 2
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 8
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 7
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)