Dec 27, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
He missed Minnesota’s last three games while he changed his treatment protocol for Multiple Sclerosis. It originally looked like he also wouldn’t dress for tonight’s contest against Winnipeg, but this move suggests that there might be a last minute change.
As it is, the Wild currently have three goalies on their roster, including Johan Gustafsson, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Even if he still ends up sitting out of tonight’s game, the Wild have at very least indicated that he will return in the very near future. That will allow him to continue his unexpected push to become this season’s Vezina Trophy winner. Certainly, there’s a lot of time left, but he’s made a strong impression by posting a 1.51 GAA and .939 save percentage in 27 games.
The Wild simultaneously put defenseman Clayton Stoner on the injured reserve list with a lower-body problem. He won’t be eligible to return in time for Sunday’s contest against the New York Islanders.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11