Dec 27, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
He missed Minnesota’s last three games while he changed his treatment protocol for Multiple Sclerosis. It originally looked like he also wouldn’t dress for tonight’s contest against Winnipeg, but this move suggests that there might be a last minute change.
As it is, the Wild currently have three goalies on their roster, including Johan Gustafsson, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Even if he still ends up sitting out of tonight’s game, the Wild have at very least indicated that he will return in the very near future. That will allow him to continue his unexpected push to become this season’s Vezina Trophy winner. Certainly, there’s a lot of time left, but he’s made a strong impression by posting a 1.51 GAA and .939 save percentage in 27 games.
The Wild simultaneously put defenseman Clayton Stoner on the injured reserve list with a lower-body problem. He won’t be eligible to return in time for Sunday’s contest against the New York Islanders.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35