Dec 27, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott is a towering man with a very specific skill set. Scoring goals isn’t a part of it.
Yet he did just that tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The 31-year-old launched a high shot that beat goaltender Jonathan Bernier midway through the first period.
The Sabres’ bench went crazy for what was Scott’s second goal and sixth point in 200 NHL games:
That was his first goal in more than four years and it has to hurt especially badly for the Maple Leafs. Both because the team has been struggling lately and because Scott has been a thorn in the Maple Leafs’ side.
— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) December 28, 2013
The Leafs are booed off ice as Sabres hit first intermission with a 2-0 lead. Buffalo has a 15-10 shot advantage — and John Scott goal.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) December 28, 2013
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)