Dec 27, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott is a towering man with a very specific skill set. Scoring goals isn’t a part of it.
Yet he did just that tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The 31-year-old launched a high shot that beat goaltender Jonathan Bernier midway through the first period.
The Sabres’ bench went crazy for what was Scott’s second goal and sixth point in 200 NHL games:
That was his first goal in more than four years and it has to hurt especially badly for the Maple Leafs. Both because the team has been struggling lately and because Scott has been a thorn in the Maple Leafs’ side.
— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) December 28, 2013
The Leafs are booed off ice as Sabres hit first intermission with a 2-0 lead. Buffalo has a 15-10 shot advantage — and John Scott goal.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) December 28, 2013
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)