Dec 27, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott is a towering man with a very specific skill set. Scoring goals isn’t a part of it.
Yet he did just that tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The 31-year-old launched a high shot that beat goaltender Jonathan Bernier midway through the first period.
The Sabres’ bench went crazy for what was Scott’s second goal and sixth point in 200 NHL games:
That was his first goal in more than four years and it has to hurt especially badly for the Maple Leafs. Both because the team has been struggling lately and because Scott has been a thorn in the Maple Leafs’ side.
— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) December 28, 2013
The Leafs are booed off ice as Sabres hit first intermission with a 2-0 lead. Buffalo has a 15-10 shot advantage — and John Scott goal.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) December 28, 2013
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)