Dec 27, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott is a towering man with a very specific skill set. Scoring goals isn’t a part of it.
Yet he did just that tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The 31-year-old launched a high shot that beat goaltender Jonathan Bernier midway through the first period.
The Sabres’ bench went crazy for what was Scott’s second goal and sixth point in 200 NHL games:
That was his first goal in more than four years and it has to hurt especially badly for the Maple Leafs. Both because the team has been struggling lately and because Scott has been a thorn in the Maple Leafs’ side.
— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) December 28, 2013
The Leafs are booed off ice as Sabres hit first intermission with a 2-0 lead. Buffalo has a 15-10 shot advantage — and John Scott goal.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) December 28, 2013
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4