Dec 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
It appears Roberto Luongo will miss at least a game with the lower-body injury he suffered Sunday, as the Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the Utica Comets, according to the AHL’s transactions page.
Vancouver plays the Flames Sunday in Calgary. Expect Eddie Lack (6-2-0, .928 save percentage) to get the start in that one. The Canucks also host the Flyers on Monday and Tampa Bay Wednesday, so it could be a busy stretch for the backup if the No. 1 is out for a bit.
As of now, there’s no timeline for Luongo’s return. On Sunday, it didn’t sound like it was anything major. But obviously this is worth monitoring with the 34-year-old expected to be named to Canada’s Olympic team and the Sochi Games starting in just over a month.
Thun thinks Erikssn's call-up is a day by day thing – not long term.—
News1130 Sports (@News1130Sports) December 27, 2013
Update: Luongo won’t play on Sunday in Calgary…
“Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday.” – Torts
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 27, 2013
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)