Dec 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
It appears Roberto Luongo will miss at least a game with the lower-body injury he suffered Sunday, as the Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the Utica Comets, according to the AHL’s transactions page.
Vancouver plays the Flames Sunday in Calgary. Expect Eddie Lack (6-2-0, .928 save percentage) to get the start in that one. The Canucks also host the Flyers on Monday and Tampa Bay Wednesday, so it could be a busy stretch for the backup if the No. 1 is out for a bit.
As of now, there’s no timeline for Luongo’s return. On Sunday, it didn’t sound like it was anything major. But obviously this is worth monitoring with the 34-year-old expected to be named to Canada’s Olympic team and the Sochi Games starting in just over a month.
Update: Luongo won’t play on Sunday in Calgary…
“Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday.” – Torts
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 27, 2013
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)