Dec 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
It appears Roberto Luongo will miss at least a game with the lower-body injury he suffered Sunday, as the Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the Utica Comets, according to the AHL’s transactions page.
Vancouver plays the Flames Sunday in Calgary. Expect Eddie Lack (6-2-0, .928 save percentage) to get the start in that one. The Canucks also host the Flyers on Monday and Tampa Bay Wednesday, so it could be a busy stretch for the backup if the No. 1 is out for a bit.
As of now, there’s no timeline for Luongo’s return. On Sunday, it didn’t sound like it was anything major. But obviously this is worth monitoring with the 34-year-old expected to be named to Canada’s Olympic team and the Sochi Games starting in just over a month.
Thun thinks Erikssn's call-up is a day by day thing – not long term.—
News1130 Sports (@News1130Sports) December 27, 2013
Update: Luongo won’t play on Sunday in Calgary…
“Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday.” – Torts
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 27, 2013
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6