Dec 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
It appears Roberto Luongo will miss at least a game with the lower-body injury he suffered Sunday, as the Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the Utica Comets, according to the AHL’s transactions page.
Vancouver plays the Flames Sunday in Calgary. Expect Eddie Lack (6-2-0, .928 save percentage) to get the start in that one. The Canucks also host the Flyers on Monday and Tampa Bay Wednesday, so it could be a busy stretch for the backup if the No. 1 is out for a bit.
As of now, there’s no timeline for Luongo’s return. On Sunday, it didn’t sound like it was anything major. But obviously this is worth monitoring with the 34-year-old expected to be named to Canada’s Olympic team and the Sochi Games starting in just over a month.
Update: Luongo won’t play on Sunday in Calgary…
“Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday.” – Torts
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 27, 2013
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)