Dec 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
It appears Roberto Luongo will miss at least a game with the lower-body injury he suffered Sunday, as the Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the Utica Comets, according to the AHL’s transactions page.
Vancouver plays the Flames Sunday in Calgary. Expect Eddie Lack (6-2-0, .928 save percentage) to get the start in that one. The Canucks also host the Flyers on Monday and Tampa Bay Wednesday, so it could be a busy stretch for the backup if the No. 1 is out for a bit.
As of now, there’s no timeline for Luongo’s return. On Sunday, it didn’t sound like it was anything major. But obviously this is worth monitoring with the 34-year-old expected to be named to Canada’s Olympic team and the Sochi Games starting in just over a month.
Update: Luongo won’t play on Sunday in Calgary…
“Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday.” – Torts
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 27, 2013
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5