Dec 27, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
Rask turned aside 33 straight shots, including 15 in the first period.
Acquired in the Tyler Seguin deal, Smith now leads the Bruins with 14 goals this season. He also ranks second on the team with 30 points in 38 contests.
The Bruins have now won three straight games and have outscored their opponents 15-3 over that span. All the same, with the Tampa Bay Lightning surging and the Montreal Canadiens enjoying a strong first half of 2013-14, Boston’s spot atop the Atlantic Division is far from secure.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 16
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)