Dec 27, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
Rask turned aside 33 straight shots, including 15 in the first period.
Acquired in the Tyler Seguin deal, Smith now leads the Bruins with 14 goals this season. He also ranks second on the team with 30 points in 38 contests.
The Bruins have now won three straight games and have outscored their opponents 15-3 over that span. All the same, with the Tampa Bay Lightning surging and the Montreal Canadiens enjoying a strong first half of 2013-14, Boston’s spot atop the Atlantic Division is far from secure.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 14
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 17
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 25
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 17
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 52
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)