Dec 27, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
Rask turned aside 33 straight shots, including 15 in the first period.
Acquired in the Tyler Seguin deal, Smith now leads the Bruins with 14 goals this season. He also ranks second on the team with 30 points in 38 contests.
The Bruins have now won three straight games and have outscored their opponents 15-3 over that span. All the same, with the Tampa Bay Lightning surging and the Montreal Canadiens enjoying a strong first half of 2013-14, Boston’s spot atop the Atlantic Division is far from secure.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)