Dec 27, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
Rask turned aside 33 straight shots, including 15 in the first period.
Acquired in the Tyler Seguin deal, Smith now leads the Bruins with 14 goals this season. He also ranks second on the team with 30 points in 38 contests.
The Bruins have now won three straight games and have outscored their opponents 15-3 over that span. All the same, with the Tampa Bay Lightning surging and the Montreal Canadiens enjoying a strong first half of 2013-14, Boston’s spot atop the Atlantic Division is far from secure.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)