Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
But it’s not the kind of shot you’d think.
Pavelec accused Yakupov of elbowing him in the head during the Oilers’ 6-2 win, in an incident that occurred early in the second period with Edmonton leading 2-1.
“It was cheap,” Pavelec said, per Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun. “Elbow in the face. You can get hurt from that. I had no idea it was coming.”
Here’s the play in question:
The Jets were irate with the incident and tensions boiled over with less than four minutes to go in the third period, when Yakupov, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little and Chris Thorburn combined for over 50 penalty minutes.
“I wasn’t happy that (Yakupov) threw a forearm at our goalie’s head, that was pretty much it,” Ladd told the Sun. “If he wants to do that, he’ll have some stuff to deal with.”
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)