Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
But it’s not the kind of shot you’d think.
Pavelec accused Yakupov of elbowing him in the head during the Oilers’ 6-2 win, in an incident that occurred early in the second period with Edmonton leading 2-1.
“It was cheap,” Pavelec said, per Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun. “Elbow in the face. You can get hurt from that. I had no idea it was coming.”
Here’s the play in question:
The Jets were irate with the incident and tensions boiled over with less than four minutes to go in the third period, when Yakupov, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little and Chris Thorburn combined for over 50 penalty minutes.
“I wasn’t happy that (Yakupov) threw a forearm at our goalie’s head, that was pretty much it,” Ladd told the Sun. “If he wants to do that, he’ll have some stuff to deal with.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21