Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
But it’s not the kind of shot you’d think.
Pavelec accused Yakupov of elbowing him in the head during the Oilers’ 6-2 win, in an incident that occurred early in the second period with Edmonton leading 2-1.
“It was cheap,” Pavelec said, per Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun. “Elbow in the face. You can get hurt from that. I had no idea it was coming.”
Here’s the play in question:
The Jets were irate with the incident and tensions boiled over with less than four minutes to go in the third period, when Yakupov, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little and Chris Thorburn combined for over 50 penalty minutes.
“I wasn’t happy that (Yakupov) threw a forearm at our goalie’s head, that was pretty much it,” Ladd told the Sun. “If he wants to do that, he’ll have some stuff to deal with.”
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)