Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
But it’s not the kind of shot you’d think.
Pavelec accused Yakupov of elbowing him in the head during the Oilers’ 6-2 win, in an incident that occurred early in the second period with Edmonton leading 2-1.
“It was cheap,” Pavelec said, per Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun. “Elbow in the face. You can get hurt from that. I had no idea it was coming.”
Here’s the play in question:
The Jets were irate with the incident and tensions boiled over with less than four minutes to go in the third period, when Yakupov, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little and Chris Thorburn combined for over 50 penalty minutes.
“I wasn’t happy that (Yakupov) threw a forearm at our goalie’s head, that was pretty much it,” Ladd told the Sun. “If he wants to do that, he’ll have some stuff to deal with.”
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 48
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12