Dec 27, 2013, 7:07 PM EST
Luongo isn’t expected to return for seven-to-10 days, reports the Vancouver Province. That translates to him missing anywhere from three-to-five contests.
He sustained what has been classified as a lower-body injury on Dec. 22, although it’s believed to be a groin problem.
If that timeline proves to be accurate, then this will be an unfortunate setback for Luongo, but far from a crippling blow for Vancouver. In the meantime, the Canucks will be able to give 25-year-old goaltender Eddie Lack a bit of a trial run.
The rookie netminder has a 1.93 GAA and .928 save percentage, but he has only started in seven of Vancouver’s 39 games this season.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46