Dec 27, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Luongo isn’t expected to return for seven-to-10 days, reports the Vancouver Province. That translates to him missing anywhere from three-to-five contests.
He sustained what has been classified as a lower-body injury on Dec. 22, although it’s believed to be a groin problem.
If that timeline proves to be accurate, then this will be an unfortunate setback for Luongo, but far from a crippling blow for Vancouver. In the meantime, the Canucks will be able to give 25-year-old goaltender Eddie Lack a bit of a trial run.
The rookie netminder has a 1.93 GAA and .928 save percentage, but he has only started in seven of Vancouver’s 39 games this season.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 44
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)