Dec 27, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Luongo isn’t expected to return for seven-to-10 days, reports the Vancouver Province. That translates to him missing anywhere from three-to-five contests.
He sustained what has been classified as a lower-body injury on Dec. 22, although it’s believed to be a groin problem.
If that timeline proves to be accurate, then this will be an unfortunate setback for Luongo, but far from a crippling blow for Vancouver. In the meantime, the Canucks will be able to give 25-year-old goaltender Eddie Lack a bit of a trial run.
The rookie netminder has a 1.93 GAA and .928 save percentage, but he has only started in seven of Vancouver’s 39 games this season.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5