Dec 27, 2013, 7:07 PM EST
Luongo isn’t expected to return for seven-to-10 days, reports the Vancouver Province. That translates to him missing anywhere from three-to-five contests.
He sustained what has been classified as a lower-body injury on Dec. 22, although it’s believed to be a groin problem.
If that timeline proves to be accurate, then this will be an unfortunate setback for Luongo, but far from a crippling blow for Vancouver. In the meantime, the Canucks will be able to give 25-year-old goaltender Eddie Lack a bit of a trial run.
The rookie netminder has a 1.93 GAA and .928 save percentage, but he has only started in seven of Vancouver’s 39 games this season.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 0
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)