Dec 27, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Luongo isn’t expected to return for seven-to-10 days, reports the Vancouver Province. That translates to him missing anywhere from three-to-five contests.
He sustained what has been classified as a lower-body injury on Dec. 22, although it’s believed to be a groin problem.
If that timeline proves to be accurate, then this will be an unfortunate setback for Luongo, but far from a crippling blow for Vancouver. In the meantime, the Canucks will be able to give 25-year-old goaltender Eddie Lack a bit of a trial run.
The rookie netminder has a 1.93 GAA and .928 save percentage, but he has only started in seven of Vancouver’s 39 games this season.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)