Dec 27, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have averaged just 2.13 goals per game this season and entered tonight’s contest without Zach Parise. Despite that, Winnipeg Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec allowed three goals on seven shots in just 7:04 minutes.
After that display, the Jets yanked him in favor of Al Montoya.
And yet Winnipeg is far from out of this contest — in fact, they were on top going into the first intermission.
Minnesota netminder Niklas Backstrom turned aside just seven of 11 shots through 20 minutes. He has now allowed at least three goals in each of his last six starts.
If the Wild wish to take him out of the game, then 21-year-old netminder Johan Gustafsson will make his NHL debut. Josh Harding didn’t dress tonight, although he has been activated off of the injured reserve list.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)