Dec 27, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have averaged just 2.13 goals per game this season and entered tonight’s contest without Zach Parise. Despite that, Winnipeg Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec allowed three goals on seven shots in just 7:04 minutes.
After that display, the Jets yanked him in favor of Al Montoya.
And yet Winnipeg is far from out of this contest — in fact, they were on top going into the first intermission.
Minnesota netminder Niklas Backstrom turned aside just seven of 11 shots through 20 minutes. He has now allowed at least three goals in each of his last six starts.
If the Wild wish to take him out of the game, then 21-year-old netminder Johan Gustafsson will make his NHL debut. Josh Harding didn’t dress tonight, although he has been activated off of the injured reserve list.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)