Dec 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
He was part of the Penguins top line and had 20 points in 39 games. He also got regular minutes while the team was killing penalties.
So this is a loss that will be felt by Pittsburgh, but at least the timing of Dupuis’ injury gives them an opportunity to adjust.
“If this injury happens after the trade deadline, it’s much more of a problem,” Penguins GM Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
The Penguins aren’t likely to be nearly as bold as they were around the deadline last season when they acquired Jarome Iginla, Douglas Murray, Brenden Morrow, and Jussi Jokinen, but losing Dupuis gives them extra motivation make a significant move.
In the meantime though, the Penguins still have plenty of weapons.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)