Dec 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
He was part of the Penguins top line and had 20 points in 39 games. He also got regular minutes while the team was killing penalties.
So this is a loss that will be felt by Pittsburgh, but at least the timing of Dupuis’ injury gives them an opportunity to adjust.
“If this injury happens after the trade deadline, it’s much more of a problem,” Penguins GM Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
The Penguins aren’t likely to be nearly as bold as they were around the deadline last season when they acquired Jarome Iginla, Douglas Murray, Brenden Morrow, and Jussi Jokinen, but losing Dupuis gives them extra motivation make a significant move.
In the meantime though, the Penguins still have plenty of weapons.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)