Dec 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
He was part of the Penguins top line and had 20 points in 39 games. He also got regular minutes while the team was killing penalties.
So this is a loss that will be felt by Pittsburgh, but at least the timing of Dupuis’ injury gives them an opportunity to adjust.
“If this injury happens after the trade deadline, it’s much more of a problem,” Penguins GM Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
The Penguins aren’t likely to be nearly as bold as they were around the deadline last season when they acquired Jarome Iginla, Douglas Murray, Brenden Morrow, and Jussi Jokinen, but losing Dupuis gives them extra motivation make a significant move.
In the meantime though, the Penguins still have plenty of weapons.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)