Dec 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
He was part of the Penguins top line and had 20 points in 39 games. He also got regular minutes while the team was killing penalties.
So this is a loss that will be felt by Pittsburgh, but at least the timing of Dupuis’ injury gives them an opportunity to adjust.
“If this injury happens after the trade deadline, it’s much more of a problem,” Penguins GM Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
The Penguins aren’t likely to be nearly as bold as they were around the deadline last season when they acquired Jarome Iginla, Douglas Murray, Brenden Morrow, and Jussi Jokinen, but losing Dupuis gives them extra motivation make a significant move.
In the meantime though, the Penguins still have plenty of weapons.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)