Dec 27, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Pittsburgh went into the third period of tonight’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes with a one-goal deficit. However, they got help from some unlikely sources when Chris Conner and Deryk Engelland each found the back of the net for the Penguins.
That brought a milestone night for Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury to a pleasant conclusion. He became the first netminder to play in 500 games with the Penguins tonight and earned his 271 win in the process. At the age of 29, he became just the 63rd netminder to ever reach the 500-contest mark.
Pittsburgh has now won 13 of its last 15 matches to give them a staggering 13-point lead in the Metropolitan Division.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)