Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tlusty, 25, is expected to miss 2-3 weeks with the ailment.
The Czech winger, who scored a career-high 38 points in 48 games last year, has failed to replicate that success this season. Tlusty has just six goals and 10 points in 37 games, a far cry from the 23 goals he scored for Carolina during the lockout-shortened campaign, leading the team in goals while finishing tied for fifth overall in the NHL.
Boychuk has spent a good while with the ‘Canes organization, though he did bounce around last season (landing in Pittsburgh and Nashville). The former 14th overall pick has only appeared in one game this year for Carolina, notching an assist.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)