Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tlusty, 25, is expected to miss 2-3 weeks with the ailment.
The Czech winger, who scored a career-high 38 points in 48 games last year, has failed to replicate that success this season. Tlusty has just six goals and 10 points in 37 games, a far cry from the 23 goals he scored for Carolina during the lockout-shortened campaign, leading the team in goals while finishing tied for fifth overall in the NHL.
Boychuk has spent a good while with the ‘Canes organization, though he did bounce around last season (landing in Pittsburgh and Nashville). The former 14th overall pick has only appeared in one game this year for Carolina, notching an assist.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)