Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tlusty, 25, is expected to miss 2-3 weeks with the ailment.
The Czech winger, who scored a career-high 38 points in 48 games last year, has failed to replicate that success this season. Tlusty has just six goals and 10 points in 37 games, a far cry from the 23 goals he scored for Carolina during the lockout-shortened campaign, leading the team in goals while finishing tied for fifth overall in the NHL.
Boychuk has spent a good while with the ‘Canes organization, though he did bounce around last season (landing in Pittsburgh and Nashville). The former 14th overall pick has only appeared in one game this year for Carolina, notching an assist.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 19
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)