Dec 27, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Tlusty, 25, is expected to miss 2-3 weeks with the ailment.
The Czech winger, who scored a career-high 38 points in 48 games last year, has failed to replicate that success this season. Tlusty has just six goals and 10 points in 37 games, a far cry from the 23 goals he scored for Carolina during the lockout-shortened campaign, leading the team in goals while finishing tied for fifth overall in the NHL.
Boychuk has spent a good while with the ‘Canes organization, though he did bounce around last season (landing in Pittsburgh and Nashville). The former 14th overall pick has only appeared in one game this year for Carolina, notching an assist.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5