Dec 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have dealt with more than their fair share of injuries recently, but they got some good news on that front today. Forward Daniel Paille is ready to return from a concussion after a seven-game absence.
Paille isn’t a major offensive threat, but they could certainly use the depth given that fellow forwards Shawn Thornton (suspension), Loui Eriksson (concussion), and Chris Kelly (broken fibula) are all unavailable. Paille is also likely to help kill penalties now that he’s back.
The Bruins have just a three-point cushion on the Atlantic Division title going into this contest. Meanwhile the Senators are four points shy of a postseason of the final Wild Card spot.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6