Dec 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have dealt with more than their fair share of injuries recently, but they got some good news on that front today. Forward Daniel Paille is ready to return from a concussion after a seven-game absence.
Paille isn’t a major offensive threat, but they could certainly use the depth given that fellow forwards Shawn Thornton (suspension), Loui Eriksson (concussion), and Chris Kelly (broken fibula) are all unavailable. Paille is also likely to help kill penalties now that he’s back.
The Bruins have just a three-point cushion on the Atlantic Division title going into this contest. Meanwhile the Senators are four points shy of a postseason of the final Wild Card spot.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)