Dec 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have dealt with more than their fair share of injuries recently, but they got some good news on that front today. Forward Daniel Paille is ready to return from a concussion after a seven-game absence.
Paille isn’t a major offensive threat, but they could certainly use the depth given that fellow forwards Shawn Thornton (suspension), Loui Eriksson (concussion), and Chris Kelly (broken fibula) are all unavailable. Paille is also likely to help kill penalties now that he’s back.
The Bruins have just a three-point cushion on the Atlantic Division title going into this contest. Meanwhile the Senators are four points shy of a postseason of the final Wild Card spot.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)