Dec 26, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The days are ticking away until the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
According to NHL.com, crews returned to the stadium Thursday to clean snow off the ice surface, before further preparations to the ice could continue. The Winter Classic goes between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1.
“We’re definitely on schedule,” NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told the league’s website. “The weather hasn’t been a hindrance at all. Today was basically scheduled as a clean-up day.”
The photo used in this post is a screen grab off theScore.com.
Here is a link of a 360-degree view of the arena, and the stadium on what looked like a beautiful winter day on Thursday, also courtesy of theScore.com.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)