Dec 26, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The days are ticking away until the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
According to NHL.com, crews returned to the stadium Thursday to clean snow off the ice surface, before further preparations to the ice could continue. The Winter Classic goes between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1.
“We’re definitely on schedule,” NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told the league’s website. “The weather hasn’t been a hindrance at all. Today was basically scheduled as a clean-up day.”
The photo used in this post is a screen grab off theScore.com.
Here is a link of a 360-degree view of the arena, and the stadium on what looked like a beautiful winter day on Thursday, also courtesy of theScore.com.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)