Dec 26, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The days are ticking away until the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
According to NHL.com, crews returned to the stadium Thursday to clean snow off the ice surface, before further preparations to the ice could continue. The Winter Classic goes between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1.
“We’re definitely on schedule,” NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told the league’s website. “The weather hasn’t been a hindrance at all. Today was basically scheduled as a clean-up day.”
The photo used in this post is a screen grab off theScore.com.
Here is a link of a 360-degree view of the arena, and the stadium on what looked like a beautiful winter day on Thursday, also courtesy of theScore.com.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12