Dec 26, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The days are ticking away until the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
According to NHL.com, crews returned to the stadium Thursday to clean snow off the ice surface, before further preparations to the ice could continue. The Winter Classic goes between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1.
“We’re definitely on schedule,” NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told the league’s website. “The weather hasn’t been a hindrance at all. Today was basically scheduled as a clean-up day.”
The photo used in this post is a screen grab off theScore.com.
Here is a link of a 360-degree view of the arena, and the stadium on what looked like a beautiful winter day on Thursday, also courtesy of theScore.com.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54