Dec 26, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The days are ticking away until the 2014 NHL Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
According to NHL.com, crews returned to the stadium Thursday to clean snow off the ice surface, before further preparations to the ice could continue. The Winter Classic goes between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1.
“We’re definitely on schedule,” NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told the league’s website. “The weather hasn’t been a hindrance at all. Today was basically scheduled as a clean-up day.”
The photo used in this post is a screen grab off theScore.com.
Here is a link of a 360-degree view of the arena, and the stadium on what looked like a beautiful winter day on Thursday, also courtesy of theScore.com.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 0
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9