Dec 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers announced Thursday that they have recalled defenseman Martin Marincin and forward Roman Horak from Oklahoma in the American Hockey League.
The Oilers are on the road Friday against their Alberta rivals, the Calgary Flames, as the National Hockey League’s schedule resumes after a three-day holiday break.
According to Bob Stauffer, the Oilers’ radio analyst and host on 630 CHED radio, there is the possibility forward Mark Arcobello and defenseman Philip Larsen won’t be ready to go due to injury and illness.
As per the Oilers’ online roster, forward Ryan Jones is currently on injured reserve. Last week, Jones was knocked out at a morning skate after a collision with defenseman and team captain Andrew Ference.
“Crazy,” said Edmonton’s head coach Dallas Eakins, as per the Edmonton Journal. “He got hit in the perfect spot and was out cold on the ice.”
Marincin has three goals and seven points in 24 games with the OKC Barons.
Horak, acquired last month from the Calgary Flames in exchange defenseman Ladislav Smid, has seven goals and 18 points in 31 games split between the Barons and the Flames’ AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Heat.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)