Dec 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers announced Thursday that they have recalled defenseman Martin Marincin and forward Roman Horak from Oklahoma in the American Hockey League.
The Oilers are on the road Friday against their Alberta rivals, the Calgary Flames, as the National Hockey League’s schedule resumes after a three-day holiday break.
According to Bob Stauffer, the Oilers’ radio analyst and host on 630 CHED radio, there is the possibility forward Mark Arcobello and defenseman Philip Larsen won’t be ready to go due to injury and illness.
As per the Oilers’ online roster, forward Ryan Jones is currently on injured reserve. Last week, Jones was knocked out at a morning skate after a collision with defenseman and team captain Andrew Ference.
“Crazy,” said Edmonton’s head coach Dallas Eakins, as per the Edmonton Journal. “He got hit in the perfect spot and was out cold on the ice.”
Marincin has three goals and seven points in 24 games with the OKC Barons.
Horak, acquired last month from the Calgary Flames in exchange defenseman Ladislav Smid, has seven goals and 18 points in 31 games split between the Barons and the Flames’ AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Heat.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)