Dec 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers announced Thursday that they have recalled defenseman Martin Marincin and forward Roman Horak from Oklahoma in the American Hockey League.
The Oilers are on the road Friday against their Alberta rivals, the Calgary Flames, as the National Hockey League’s schedule resumes after a three-day holiday break.
According to Bob Stauffer, the Oilers’ radio analyst and host on 630 CHED radio, there is the possibility forward Mark Arcobello and defenseman Philip Larsen won’t be ready to go due to injury and illness.
As per the Oilers’ online roster, forward Ryan Jones is currently on injured reserve. Last week, Jones was knocked out at a morning skate after a collision with defenseman and team captain Andrew Ference.
“Crazy,” said Edmonton’s head coach Dallas Eakins, as per the Edmonton Journal. “He got hit in the perfect spot and was out cold on the ice.”
Marincin has three goals and seven points in 24 games with the OKC Barons.
Horak, acquired last month from the Calgary Flames in exchange defenseman Ladislav Smid, has seven goals and 18 points in 31 games split between the Barons and the Flames’ AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Heat.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)