Dec 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
Clitsome, 28, was placed on the injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 17.
While his point production has been respectable enough (12 in 32 games), Clitsome’s recent increased value can be seen clearest in his ice time, as he’s jumped from 18:50 in 2012-13 to 19:47 minutes per game this season. That workload is second only to his sophomore season when he was with Columbus; he averaged 21:16 per contest with the Blue Jackets in 2010-11.
Melchiori, 22, hasn’t played in the NHL yet in his career. The Jets (then the Atlanta Thrashers) selected Melchiori in the third round (87th overall) in 2010. He generated five assists in 18 AHL games with the St. John’s IceCaps so far this season.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)