Dec 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Clitsome, 28, was placed on the injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 17.
While his point production has been respectable enough (12 in 32 games), Clitsome’s recent increased value can be seen clearest in his ice time, as he’s jumped from 18:50 in 2012-13 to 19:47 minutes per game this season. That workload is second only to his sophomore season when he was with Columbus; he averaged 21:16 per contest with the Blue Jackets in 2010-11.
Melchiori, 22, hasn’t played in the NHL yet in his career. The Jets (then the Atlanta Thrashers) selected Melchiori in the third round (87th overall) in 2010. He generated five assists in 18 AHL games with the St. John’s IceCaps so far this season.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)