Dec 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Clitsome, 28, was placed on the injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 17.
While his point production has been respectable enough (12 in 32 games), Clitsome’s recent increased value can be seen clearest in his ice time, as he’s jumped from 18:50 in 2012-13 to 19:47 minutes per game this season. That workload is second only to his sophomore season when he was with Columbus; he averaged 21:16 per contest with the Blue Jackets in 2010-11.
Melchiori, 22, hasn’t played in the NHL yet in his career. The Jets (then the Atlanta Thrashers) selected Melchiori in the third round (87th overall) in 2010. He generated five assists in 18 AHL games with the St. John’s IceCaps so far this season.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6