Dec 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Clitsome, 28, was placed on the injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 17.
While his point production has been respectable enough (12 in 32 games), Clitsome’s recent increased value can be seen clearest in his ice time, as he’s jumped from 18:50 in 2012-13 to 19:47 minutes per game this season. That workload is second only to his sophomore season when he was with Columbus; he averaged 21:16 per contest with the Blue Jackets in 2010-11.
Melchiori, 22, hasn’t played in the NHL yet in his career. The Jets (then the Atlanta Thrashers) selected Melchiori in the third round (87th overall) in 2010. He generated five assists in 18 AHL games with the St. John’s IceCaps so far this season.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10