Dec 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Clitsome, 28, was placed on the injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 17.
While his point production has been respectable enough (12 in 32 games), Clitsome’s recent increased value can be seen clearest in his ice time, as he’s jumped from 18:50 in 2012-13 to 19:47 minutes per game this season. That workload is second only to his sophomore season when he was with Columbus; he averaged 21:16 per contest with the Blue Jackets in 2010-11.
Melchiori, 22, hasn’t played in the NHL yet in his career. The Jets (then the Atlanta Thrashers) selected Melchiori in the third round (87th overall) in 2010. He generated five assists in 18 AHL games with the St. John’s IceCaps so far this season.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 3
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 49
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)