Dec 26, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have waited patiently to see if Nathan Horton will deliver on the seven-year, $37.1 million deal he signed with them this summer. The Columbus Dispatch reports that he’s expecting to finally play in early January, with the exact date unclear.
“It’s not going to be much longer,” Horton said. “I see an ending point to this. Finally.”
The 28-year-old continues to recover from offseason shoulder surgery. He’s already shifted away from a no-contact jersey, a good sign that he’s nearing the point where he can attempt to play as the power forward who generated six 20+ goal seasons (including a 31-tally campaign in 2006-07) between his time with the Florida Panthers and Boston Bruins. The Blue Jackets can certainly use that boost, whenever it comes.
“I don’t know when it’s going to happen,” Columbus head coach Todd Richards said. “But I’ll tell you this: ‘He’s prepared. He watches our games, even though he’s not playing. He has a pretty good idea of what we want to do. There’s a level of professionalism there. You can tell he’s been somewhere (with a winning culture).”
Jan 25, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
“We’re so proud of our city for showing that hockey is such a big deal here.”
Jan 25, 2015, 9:25 PM EST
“This is something I’ll remember for a very long time.”
Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs
Jan 25, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
“I remember them being quiet in the end when we won.”
Jan 25, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
29 goals in all.
Jan 25, 2015, 7:36 PM EST
11 in total, eclipsing the old mark by one.
Jan 25, 2015, 6:43 PM EST
Chicago will resume play on Wednesday against Los Angeles.
Jan 25, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Johansen scored again before the first period ended.
Jan 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EST
Vancouver forward gets Team Foligno on the board early.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EST
A grab bag of fun as the game rapidly approaches.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
It’s the 2015 NHL All-Star Game from Nationwide Arena in Columbus, on NBCSN.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:33 PM EST
Team Foligno and Team Toews square off.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
He’ll probably be OK.
Jan 25, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
The bubble seems limited, at least.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
He has more control over his chances in the All-Star Game itself.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Maybe we should ease up on the guy.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
A rare opportunity sidetracked by his groin injury.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
It sounds like he won’t face the same headaches as others who skipped the event.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:03 PM EST
See you all tomorrow.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Florida’s All-Star goalie never gave up on it.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:14 PM EST
Just 0.3 away from Zdeno Chara’s all-time record.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)