Dec 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Sharks GM Doug Wilson has another gripe about the whole situation, however. He doesn’t like that Kings have, essentially, hurt one of his players and had no remorse in doing so as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“Having played in this league a long time…when I was a rookie, I was tripped into a net in Hartford by the great Gordie Howe, and injured and carried off the ice,” Wilson said. “He came in between periods all the way around the rink to make sure I was OK. So, my response to the lack of, maybe, concern towards our player, is disappointing.”
Obviously that was a while ago and times have changed. Instead of visiting between periods, guys text each other or actually make a phone call. Sometimes they’ll visit after the game, but sometimes that doesn’t go over so well.
If Wilson was hoping Brown would show up with a fruit basket or singing telegram for Hertl for knocking him out of action, Wilson would be waiting for a while.
There’s nothing wrong with looking for concern, but sometimes players have a funny way of going about it.
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 5
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 27
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)