Dec 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Sharks GM Doug Wilson has another gripe about the whole situation, however. He doesn’t like that Kings have, essentially, hurt one of his players and had no remorse in doing so as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“Having played in this league a long time…when I was a rookie, I was tripped into a net in Hartford by the great Gordie Howe, and injured and carried off the ice,” Wilson said. “He came in between periods all the way around the rink to make sure I was OK. So, my response to the lack of, maybe, concern towards our player, is disappointing.”
Obviously that was a while ago and times have changed. Instead of visiting between periods, guys text each other or actually make a phone call. Sometimes they’ll visit after the game, but sometimes that doesn’t go over so well.
If Wilson was hoping Brown would show up with a fruit basket or singing telegram for Hertl for knocking him out of action, Wilson would be waiting for a while.
There’s nothing wrong with looking for concern, but sometimes players have a funny way of going about it.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 72
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (73)