Dec 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Sharks GM Doug Wilson has another gripe about the whole situation, however. He doesn’t like that Kings have, essentially, hurt one of his players and had no remorse in doing so as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“Having played in this league a long time…when I was a rookie, I was tripped into a net in Hartford by the great Gordie Howe, and injured and carried off the ice,” Wilson said. “He came in between periods all the way around the rink to make sure I was OK. So, my response to the lack of, maybe, concern towards our player, is disappointing.”
Obviously that was a while ago and times have changed. Instead of visiting between periods, guys text each other or actually make a phone call. Sometimes they’ll visit after the game, but sometimes that doesn’t go over so well.
If Wilson was hoping Brown would show up with a fruit basket or singing telegram for Hertl for knocking him out of action, Wilson would be waiting for a while.
There’s nothing wrong with looking for concern, but sometimes players have a funny way of going about it.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)