Dec 24, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Remember when Zach Parise returned from a foot injury weeks earlier than timetables suggested?
Sounds like it might be catching up to him, per Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
Parise missed the 4-1 loss [Monday, in Philadelphia] with what the team called a “lower-body” injury. It was Parise’s second game missed this season. He will be evaluated during the Christmas break and Yeo hopes it’s not serious.
Parise, who has 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games, missed a Nov. 27 game against Phoenix with a bruised foot that was expected to sideline him for two to three weeks. It has never healed, evidence by his continued limping off the ice.
It’s believed that’s why he missed Monday’s game.
If Parise’s foot is still bothering him, it makes sense that the Wild sat him against the Flyers. It was the second game of a back-to-back (Minnesota lost 4-1 on Sunday at MSG) and the night off will give Parise an extra day of rest, as the Wild are now in their holiday break and won’t play against until Friday, when they take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
As Russo mentioned, Parise injured his foot against Phoenix on Nov. 27 but was right back in the lineup the next night out (a 3-1 loss to Colorado) and has played 11 games since, scoring four goals and one assist.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Former Anaheim forward posted a career high in points last year.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
With Riley Sheahan also signed, the only RFA left is Danny DeKeyser.
Jul 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s appeared in over 150 NHL games with Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Veteran goalie is high on his young teammates.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
“It’ll be done before camp.”
Jul 28, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Appeared in 83 games for Calgary over the last three seasons.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They’ll be dancing close to the upper limit all year.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
He last played in 2001 with the Edmonton Oilers.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
He’s played four full seasons there already.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
He has a few guys that can help make it happen there.
Jul 27, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
He was their final restricted free agent.
Jul 27, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
He emerged as the team’s No. 2 center last season.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
That adds another layer to the Flames’ goaltending competition.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
He has played in 132 NHL games.
Jul 27, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
It led to him having a minor procedure.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
He’ll enter training camp with a shot of making the team.
Jul 27, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
“I can be a lot better.”
Jul 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He’s the last RFA left for them to re-sign.
Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
We’ve hit that part of free agency.
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year deal 2
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 54
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)