Dec 24, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Remember when Zach Parise returned from a foot injury weeks earlier than timetables suggested?
Sounds like it might be catching up to him, per Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
Parise missed the 4-1 loss [Monday, in Philadelphia] with what the team called a “lower-body” injury. It was Parise’s second game missed this season. He will be evaluated during the Christmas break and Yeo hopes it’s not serious.
Parise, who has 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games, missed a Nov. 27 game against Phoenix with a bruised foot that was expected to sideline him for two to three weeks. It has never healed, evidence by his continued limping off the ice.
It’s believed that’s why he missed Monday’s game.
If Parise’s foot is still bothering him, it makes sense that the Wild sat him against the Flyers. It was the second game of a back-to-back (Minnesota lost 4-1 on Sunday at MSG) and the night off will give Parise an extra day of rest, as the Wild are now in their holiday break and won’t play against until Friday, when they take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
As Russo mentioned, Parise injured his foot against Phoenix on Nov. 27 but was right back in the lineup the next night out (a 3-1 loss to Colorado) and has played 11 games since, scoring four goals and one assist.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
“He gives us the best chance to win, so he’ll be the one starting.”
Apr 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
But both acknowledge they’ve heard the rumblings.
Apr 16, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
22-26-7 with a .901 save percentage.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Sacco, Forton, Numminen and Corsi are out.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Top seeds don’t have it easy in the first round.
Apr 16, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Spent one season with the Oilers, now off to SKA St. Petersburg.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
He’ll dress for the series opener against Tampa Bay tonight.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Steve Mason is “out.”
Apr 16, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Short answer: Plenty.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Pittsburgh won all five meetings between the teams during the regular season.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Prove us wrong, all 16 teams. Prove…us…wrong.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
So, what happens now with Evander Kane?
Apr 16, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Click inside to see…
Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Tampa Bay’s top-six would have been in trouble without them.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
His solid regular season will be overshadowed by whatever he does in the playoffs.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Previewing the first round.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
Going up against a pretty good team in L.A.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Add yours in the comments section.
Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
Well, that’s good for St. Louis.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)