Dec 24, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
After filling in admirably for five games, a pair of young Pittsburgh Penguins are headed back to the farm.
The Penguins announced they’ve reassigned forward Harry Zolnierczyk and defenseman Philip Samuelsson to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in the AHL.
Both players played in the past five games for the Pens between Dec. 16 and Dec. 23. Zolnierczyk made the most of his return to the NHL scoring a goal against Calgary on Saturday.
Question here is: Are they headed down just for the holiday or will any of their numerous injured players be returning after Christmas?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25