Dec 24, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
On the score board and in the injury department, Monday was a total loss for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Crosby, the Penguins’ star, also left the game briefly but did return.
“Right now, I’m just hoping it’s not a severe injury,” Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review after the game.
The coach also added that Dupuis is headed back to Pittsburgh and will be re-evaluated.
It was hardly a good night for the Penguins, the top team in the Eastern Conference, on the ice against a struggling opponent from Ottawa.
The Senators opened up a two-goal after two periods, and the floodgates came wide open in the third, as Ottawa put three more up on the board to eliminate any doubt it was coming away with two points.
Senators’ goalie Craig Anderson made 27 saves for the shutout.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)