Dec 24, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
On the score board and in the injury department, Monday was a total loss for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Crosby, the Penguins’ star, also left the game briefly but did return.
“Right now, I’m just hoping it’s not a severe injury,” Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review after the game.
The coach also added that Dupuis is headed back to Pittsburgh and will be re-evaluated.
It was hardly a good night for the Penguins, the top team in the Eastern Conference, on the ice against a struggling opponent from Ottawa.
The Senators opened up a two-goal after two periods, and the floodgates came wide open in the third, as Ottawa put three more up on the board to eliminate any doubt it was coming away with two points.
Senators’ goalie Craig Anderson made 27 saves for the shutout.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17