Dec 24, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
On the score board and in the injury department, Monday was a total loss for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Crosby, the Penguins’ star, also left the game briefly but did return.
“Right now, I’m just hoping it’s not a severe injury,” Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review after the game.
The coach also added that Dupuis is headed back to Pittsburgh and will be re-evaluated.
It was hardly a good night for the Penguins, the top team in the Eastern Conference, on the ice against a struggling opponent from Ottawa.
The Senators opened up a two-goal after two periods, and the floodgates came wide open in the third, as Ottawa put three more up on the board to eliminate any doubt it was coming away with two points.
Senators’ goalie Craig Anderson made 27 saves for the shutout.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)