Dec 24, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
On the score board and in the injury department, Monday was a total loss for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Crosby, the Penguins’ star, also left the game briefly but did return.
“Right now, I’m just hoping it’s not a severe injury,” Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review after the game.
The coach also added that Dupuis is headed back to Pittsburgh and will be re-evaluated.
It was hardly a good night for the Penguins, the top team in the Eastern Conference, on the ice against a struggling opponent from Ottawa.
The Senators opened up a two-goal after two periods, and the floodgates came wide open in the third, as Ottawa put three more up on the board to eliminate any doubt it was coming away with two points.
Senators’ goalie Craig Anderson made 27 saves for the shutout.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)