Dec 24, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
On the score board and in the injury department, Monday was a total loss for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Crosby, the Penguins’ star, also left the game briefly but did return.
“Right now, I’m just hoping it’s not a severe injury,” Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review after the game.
The coach also added that Dupuis is headed back to Pittsburgh and will be re-evaluated.
It was hardly a good night for the Penguins, the top team in the Eastern Conference, on the ice against a struggling opponent from Ottawa.
The Senators opened up a two-goal after two periods, and the floodgates came wide open in the third, as Ottawa put three more up on the board to eliminate any doubt it was coming away with two points.
Senators’ goalie Craig Anderson made 27 saves for the shutout.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63