Dec 24, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
Goaltender Eric Comrie, 18, and the Winnipeg Jets have agreed to a three-year, entry-level contract that has an average value of $925,000 annually at the NHL level.
Comrie was selected with the 59th overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He’s been playing for the WHL Tri-City Americans and has a 2.52 GAA and .923 save percentage in 30 contests this season.
That’s a step up from the 2.62 GAA and .915 save percentage he posted in 37 games in 2012-13 before being drafted.
If his name rings a bell, it’s probably because he’s the half-brother of retired NHLer Mike Comrie. The elder Comrie had 168 goals and 365 points in 589 career games. He’s also the half-brother of Paul Comrie, who played for the University of Denver and ended up logging 15 contests with the Edmonton Oilers in 1999-2000. On top of that, Eric has a younger brother, Ty, who is a forward and Eric’s teammate on the Americans.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)