Dec 24, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
One day after a bad 4-3 shootout loss to Calgary — one in which they blew a two-goal lead in the third period — the Blues sent forwards Dmitry Jaskin and Chris Porter to AHL Chicago.
Jaskin, 20, was the club’s second-round pick (41st overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and has been a good scorer in the American league this season, with 17 points in 20 games. He made his ’13-14 season debut last night against Calgary and finished with no points and two shots in 11:12 TOI.
Porter, 29, has appeared in six games this season for the Blues (he did not take part in the loss to the Flames, however.) He’s scoreless this season and has yet to rediscover chemistry with his CPR linemates from last year — Ryan Reaves and Adam Cracknell — as Cracknell has only played 12 games for the Blues this year while Reaves is currently on IR with a broken hand.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)