Dec 23, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild lost. Again. They managed only one goal. Again.
The Wild dropped a 4-1 decision to the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday night, making it five losses in their last seven games. In that span, they’ve been held to one goal in a game through regulation and overtime on five different occasions – once coming in a 2-1 shootout victory, although the second goal in that came was recorded in the skills competition.
Making matters worse was Zach Parise, the Wild’s co-leader in points, did not play Monday due to a lower-body injury. As per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Parise will be re-evaluated Tuesday when the team returns back to Minnesota.
Parise had tallied 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games for the Wild this season. However, the losses continue to pile up for Minnesota, which sits fourth in the Central Division but only five points up on the Dallas Stars.
“I’m not going to try to paint a rosy picture and I’m not going to make any excuses. Flat out we need to be better,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo afterward, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)