Dec 23, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild lost. Again. They managed only one goal. Again.
The Wild dropped a 4-1 decision to the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday night, making it five losses in their last seven games. In that span, they’ve been held to one goal in a game through regulation and overtime on five different occasions – once coming in a 2-1 shootout victory, although the second goal in that came was recorded in the skills competition.
Making matters worse was Zach Parise, the Wild’s co-leader in points, did not play Monday due to a lower-body injury. As per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Parise will be re-evaluated Tuesday when the team returns back to Minnesota.
Parise had tallied 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games for the Wild this season. However, the losses continue to pile up for Minnesota, which sits fourth in the Central Division but only five points up on the Dallas Stars.
“I’m not going to try to paint a rosy picture and I’m not going to make any excuses. Flat out we need to be better,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo afterward, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)