Dec 23, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After appearing in two games following his recall, Jordin Tootoo is on his way back to Grand Rapids.
On Monday, Detroit GM Ken Holland confirmed that Tootoo was being sent back to the minors, just five days after being recalled thanks to a rash of injured Wings forwards.
Tootoo, 30, played 6:07 against Calgary last Thursday and 5:38 against Toronto on Saturday — scoring his first point of the season — before getting demoted.
He’ll be replaced in the lineup tonight by Gustav Nyquist, who missed the last three games with a groin injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79