Dec 23, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After appearing in two games following his recall, Jordin Tootoo is on his way back to Grand Rapids.
On Monday, Detroit GM Ken Holland confirmed that Tootoo was being sent back to the minors, just five days after being recalled thanks to a rash of injured Wings forwards.
Tootoo, 30, played 6:07 against Calgary last Thursday and 5:38 against Toronto on Saturday — scoring his first point of the season — before getting demoted.
He’ll be replaced in the lineup tonight by Gustav Nyquist, who missed the last three games with a groin injury.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42