Dec 23, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After appearing in two games following his recall, Jordin Tootoo is on his way back to Grand Rapids.
On Monday, Detroit GM Ken Holland confirmed that Tootoo was being sent back to the minors, just five days after being recalled thanks to a rash of injured Wings forwards.
Tootoo, 30, played 6:07 against Calgary last Thursday and 5:38 against Toronto on Saturday — scoring his first point of the season — before getting demoted.
He’ll be replaced in the lineup tonight by Gustav Nyquist, who missed the last three games with a groin injury.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39