Dec 23, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After appearing in two games following his recall, Jordin Tootoo is on his way back to Grand Rapids.
On Monday, Detroit GM Ken Holland confirmed that Tootoo was being sent back to the minors, just five days after being recalled thanks to a rash of injured Wings forwards.
Tootoo, 30, played 6:07 against Calgary last Thursday and 5:38 against Toronto on Saturday — scoring his first point of the season — before getting demoted.
He’ll be replaced in the lineup tonight by Gustav Nyquist, who missed the last three games with a groin injury.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)