Dec 23, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After appearing in two games following his recall, Jordin Tootoo is on his way back to Grand Rapids.
On Monday, Detroit GM Ken Holland confirmed that Tootoo was being sent back to the minors, just five days after being recalled thanks to a rash of injured Wings forwards.
Tootoo, 30, played 6:07 against Calgary last Thursday and 5:38 against Toronto on Saturday — scoring his first point of the season — before getting demoted.
He’ll be replaced in the lineup tonight by Gustav Nyquist, who missed the last three games with a groin injury.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)