Dec 23, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Stewart earned first star honors on the strength of a six-goal week, highlighted by his third career hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Edmonton on Saturday. The 26-year-old was instrumental in a big week for the Blues, as they earned five of a possible eight points to maintain second place in the Central Division.
Second star went to Crosby, who finished second among all skaters with eight points. The Pittsburgh captain’s week was highlighted by a three-point performance (1G, 2A) — his 16th multi-point effort of the year — in a 4-3 win over Calgary. Crosby now leads the NHL in points (54) and is currently riding a 10-game point streak.
Duchene was named third star on the strength of seven assists over four games. The 22-year-old also racked up four multi-point performances, including 1G-3A in a home-and-home series with Dallas. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Duchene is the first Avs player to notch two or more points in four straight games since Paul Stastny did it in 2008.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32