Dec 23, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Stewart earned first star honors on the strength of a six-goal week, highlighted by his third career hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Edmonton on Saturday. The 26-year-old was instrumental in a big week for the Blues, as they earned five of a possible eight points to maintain second place in the Central Division.
Second star went to Crosby, who finished second among all skaters with eight points. The Pittsburgh captain’s week was highlighted by a three-point performance (1G, 2A) — his 16th multi-point effort of the year — in a 4-3 win over Calgary. Crosby now leads the NHL in points (54) and is currently riding a 10-game point streak.
Duchene was named third star on the strength of seven assists over four games. The 22-year-old also racked up four multi-point performances, including 1G-3A in a home-and-home series with Dallas. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Duchene is the first Avs player to notch two or more points in four straight games since Paul Stastny did it in 2008.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)