Dec 23, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Stewart earned first star honors on the strength of a six-goal week, highlighted by his third career hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Edmonton on Saturday. The 26-year-old was instrumental in a big week for the Blues, as they earned five of a possible eight points to maintain second place in the Central Division.
Second star went to Crosby, who finished second among all skaters with eight points. The Pittsburgh captain’s week was highlighted by a three-point performance (1G, 2A) — his 16th multi-point effort of the year — in a 4-3 win over Calgary. Crosby now leads the NHL in points (54) and is currently riding a 10-game point streak.
Duchene was named third star on the strength of seven assists over four games. The 22-year-old also racked up four multi-point performances, including 1G-3A in a home-and-home series with Dallas. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Duchene is the first Avs player to notch two or more points in four straight games since Paul Stastny did it in 2008.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27