Dec 23, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Stewart earned first star honors on the strength of a six-goal week, highlighted by his third career hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Edmonton on Saturday. The 26-year-old was instrumental in a big week for the Blues, as they earned five of a possible eight points to maintain second place in the Central Division.
Second star went to Crosby, who finished second among all skaters with eight points. The Pittsburgh captain’s week was highlighted by a three-point performance (1G, 2A) — his 16th multi-point effort of the year — in a 4-3 win over Calgary. Crosby now leads the NHL in points (54) and is currently riding a 10-game point streak.
Duchene was named third star on the strength of seven assists over four games. The 22-year-old also racked up four multi-point performances, including 1G-3A in a home-and-home series with Dallas. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Duchene is the first Avs player to notch two or more points in four straight games since Paul Stastny did it in 2008.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)